No announcement yet.

STATE FARM POLICY CANCELED WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are more than welcome! Please post back here with how this works out with you.

Comment

That's the problem - more and more insurance companies are submitting revised rules that exclude RHD cars. Based on my experience and following Skylines in Canada for the last 5 years or so, I expect that Facility is going to be the only recourse eventually. I also expect that we're going to be seeing more insurance companies cancelling existing policies. Remember, these are insurance companies - not exactly the most socially conscious and reasonable folks around.
      '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
      at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
        what, why? whats going on in ONT. Is everyone having to pay those kind of absurd prices?? not possible. Some companies would have noticed it and made a killing being the ones to offer ordinary insurance premiums..

I can't believe that every place in ONT is that high.
        They've always gotten raped on issurance in Ontario. Sure we might pay more taxes in Quebec, but at least we dont have 2000+ insurance. They end up paying the money they save on taxes in insurance lol.

For me personally it's 650 / year on the GTR full coverage / windows / fire, etc. On my 2009 lancer it's 750 / year same coverage.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

IM through Facility right now as my R33 was insured through Economical and so was my 180SX. I had to do the insurance inspection and then they cancelled my policy because it was too modified.

I then had the car appraised for $10,000. Through facility im currently payin 110$ a month, clean record, no moving infractions, 5 star driver. Actually my broker told me that Facility insurance had asked why I was insuring through them because of my clean record LOL

either way, i agree, it will all be facility sooner or later, its just a matter of time before you get your policy cancelled
          1993 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-t
          613DriftWerks.ca

Comment

Getting insurance here for RHD is getting to be a nightmare.
            Supposedly, re-vinning to a 17 digit Canadian style VIN helps alot, but costs up to $500 to have it done.

so how do you go about (re-vining)??

Comment

I know Desjardins General Insurance still insures RHDs. an appraisal is required though. The two people Ive talked to recently regarding insurance have been with Desjardins and Allstate.
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Im going to try with Allstate first, thats whos got my Honda and moms Mazda. I pay decent rates of 1100 per year (secondary driver). I will most definately be going secondary on the R32 as well so it doesnt hurt to get a 3rd car on the policy. My dad is with Dominion of Canada..not sure if they do RHDs but he paid next to nothing for his truck through them.

Comment

so far Ive got nothing to show except frustration and bad news... my car is currently up for sale in the US. im not making the salary i used to in Alberta NOT EVEN CLOSE lol. so maybe its time i parted with the car solely on the reason that Ontario wont insure me
                  1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
                  2003 police interceptor
                  1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
                  1994 Mitsubishi expo
                  1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
                  "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Statefarm giving you difficulties!

I just got my GTS insured with them earlier this month, and everything went quite smoothly. All they needed were some pictures of the car.

I believe the R33 GTR that's here is insured by them as well.

It seems rediculous that they'd insure some people without any problem, then just up and cancel other peoples policies.

Hopefully things work out for you. It would suck if you had to sell your car.

Comment

yeah but the skyline is ny only vehicle if i had another car i could get insurance but i would only be allowed to drive the skyline 4000k a year..
                      2003 police interceptor
                      1994 Mitsubishi expo

"She likes to be Forced"
                      "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

DING DING finally got insurance!! found this broker in Sarina insured me for $150/month
                        cam-ron he deals with RHD took about 20 min. what a relief i was really getting worried
                        2003 police interceptor
                        1994 Mitsubishi expo

"She likes to be Forced"

Comment

Originally posted by overboostedlebaron View Post
                          DING DING finally got insurance!! found this broker in Sarina insured me for $150/month
                          cam-ron he deals with RHD took about 20 min. what a relief i was really getting worried
                          could you pm me the details? I need them, as well as a few friends. thanks!

Comment

So the broker I deal with said COME ONE COME ALL CHEAP SKYLINE INSURANCE!!!!
                            HERES THE INFO!

Cam-Ron Insurance Brokers Ltd in Sarnia, Ontario (on)

Name: Cam-Ron Insurance Brokers Ltd
                            Street: 560 Exmouth Street
                            Sarnia, on N7T5P5-
                            Phone: (519) 337-3713

Ask for Dave tell him Andrew sent you!
                            2003 police interceptor
                            1994 Mitsubishi expo

"She likes to be Forced"

Comment

Awesome...finally!
                              Just curious, what company are they insuring you with?
                              If the company insures RHD, any broker SHOULD be able to deal with them for RHD, no?

Rick
                              '89 GTST - SOLD
                              '92 GTR
                              '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
                              '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by overboostedlebaron View Post
                                So the broker I deal with said COME ONE COME ALL CHEAP SKYLINE INSURANCE!!!!
                                HERES THE INFO!

Cam-Ron Insurance Brokers Ltd in Sarnia, Ontario (on)

Name: Cam-Ron Insurance Brokers Ltd
                                Street: 560 Exmouth Street
                                Sarnia, on N7T5P5-
                                Phone: (519) 337-3713

Ask for Dave tell him Andrew sent you!
                                Wait till you get a fender bender. It's writtten off. That's why it's cheap.

If your premium is cheap, that means you car is worth little to them if you catch what I'm saying. I asked max value and getting another appraisal. Currently at $25k value with my choice of repair shop (who can get my parts). I don't pay cheap though $1200 a year...
                                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X