Governor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor?

So, I bought my r32 gts-t over a year and a half ago. I've finally have enough to take the governor out. But I'm still quite new to cars at age 17.

- Just wondering what exactly I'd need to do to get this damn thing outta my car. I've heard some people telling me I'd need a new ecu, some people told me to mod my ecu, some people brought up a new fuel management system.

If you have done this or know about it, please post. It'd be a HUGE help. My 180 govern is gay, Wanna do something more than 1/4 drags.

Thanks!
    -Krystalized
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

HKS Speed limit defenser, or Greddy also makes one. Those are about 110 bucks.

An ECU Retune will get rid of it too.
    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by A18 View Post
      HKS Speed limit defenser, or Greddy also makes one. Those are about 110 bucks.

An ECU Retune will get rid of it too.
      Were can I get one of these? And also, is the stock ecu retunable?

Comment

You can do the wire-snip mod (#53?). It will eliminate the limiter but usually causes other wierd problems like with HICAS.

To do it properly, your ECU will need to be "chipped" to get rid of this. There are lots of chips/sockets and aftermarket chipped ECU's on ebay for the RB20 but this would be just a generalized tune. Most of them do the following:

Speed limiter and boost/fuel cuts removed
        RPM limit usually raised depending on tuner
        Fuel/ignition maps modified, usually for intake/exhaust/FMIC mods and accounting for higher boost.

These chips usually suffice for the above mentioned mods and with boost raised to the factory turbo's limit of about 13 psi.
        If you go any further, or want your own tune-ability, you'll hafta get Nistune installed into your ECU to make it "tuneable".

Rick
        '89 GTST - SOLD
        '92 GTR
        '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
        '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
          You can do the wire-snip mod (#53?). It will eliminate the limiter but usually causes other wierd problems like with HICAS.

To do it properly, your ECU will need to be "chipped" to get rid of this. There are lots of chips/sockets and aftermarket chipped ECU's on ebay for the RB20
          Aight, I've seen alot of chips on ebay. But hell, they're going for 5 bucks? It seems a little odd, maybe I'm wrong? I'm still very very new to vehicle mods. Your help is very much appreciated m8.

Comment

Something like that maybe? The 2nd one looks alot more legit than the other one. It says its from Nissan america. :3 Haha, Any comments on either?

Comment

Where are you located in SK?

If you have a hicas delete I would just do the snip wire mod...

I don't think there are any other side effects other than possibly hicas issues.

I would avoid those chips, they are suppose to make your car run like shat. Mostly mixed results though.
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

The speed sensitive steering can be lost from the wire snip if I am correct....not 100% sure though.

Comment

Do not buy any 'chips' off of eBay. All are garbage.

Comment

Yeah, Im kinda assuming that. I found a preprogrammed ecu that does exactly what that chip does and its legit. Thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

The stock ECU is retunable if you get it socketed. As for the SLD, just check your local JDM parts shop, rhdjapan site, or anywhere else that sells greddy or HKS parts.
                      Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

I did the lockbar and looped my power steering. Wheel alignment and didn't have a problem. I sniped the wire in the back like the DIY says and haven't had any problems after 5 months of driving.
                        Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Working...
                        X