Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheels/hubs/QR.

Hey dudes,

So I'm looking for anybody whos running, or has run both a dished steering wheel, quick release and a hub.

I'm looking at getting a Nardi 350mm with an 80mm dish, and a NRG Quick release.

I've never dealt with any HICAS stuff before, but I'm told there is a bunch of goblins on the steering column and I need a HICAS specific hub? The only HKB ones that I can find are pretty big I was hoping to get away with a slim hub as I will have the quick release which extends it a fair but anyhow!

So really, my questions are;

Do I need this HICAS hub? I do plan on ditching the hicas (S13 subframe swap) but not for at least a fair while. What happens if I don't run a HICAS hub?

annnnd

Dish wheel + HKB Hub + QR too long? I'm 6'3, sit as far back as possible in stock GTR seats.

THANKS

i have a hicas hub with a nrg quick release and a omp deep dish.i am 6'2 and have my seat all the way back and the wheel all the way pushed in and it feels good not to far away but not to close either i say do it
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I think if your running a Hub, QR, and a deep dish wheel, It will be too far out.

Right now I run a Bride Low max seat, with a Hub and a full size quick release with a regular dish (flat) momo steering wheel and its perfect. Because you adjust the steering column on the skyline. I always wanted a deep dish but i think that would only be possible if you ran the slim QR.

I can't speak on the HiCAS Hub situation. Mine already had a HUb and qr when i got it. I have hicas, but i deleted it
      sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
      ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

I got rid of hicas on my R33 and use a deeeep sparco safari wheel with the nrg short hub. It looks killer, but I still am contemplating about a QR. I bought an nrg mini QR and its a ******* death trap man, don't ever buy one. It's go so much play it's scary.

Comment

I have a NRG quick release and i know a lot of people that have them. No complaints. Maybe you just got a faulty one? Or it could be the mini ones
          sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
          ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

I've got a buddy with the slim QR and he hates the thing too!

Stock steering wheel is nice, but would prefer a dished one, my only reason for doing this right now as opposed to when I delete HICAS is security.

Comment

i dont think my qr is a slime one and i just have my steering column pushed all the way in and its perfect with my recaro seats

Comment

I know its trivial, but have you got any pics/

Comment

kinda hard to see what exact qr i have

Comment

stock is perfect IMO, bc the hand distance between the wheel and the signal lever is bang-on.

Adding more dish would make that flick action impossible.

Comment

Screw it, I'm getting rid of HICAS asap. Lock it out for the time being.

Comment

Its all personal preference. Get in your seat and hold your hands in the spot your comfortable with, then build to suite.

I dont run that cheapo NRG stuff. A steering wheel set up should be of good quality. For instance, the NRG steering wheels are flimsy as hell. get any quality euro steering wheel and compare. You can get a quality steering wheel and quick release for pretty cheap from drivers Edge.

Im pretty slim so I dont run a QR and im running a deep dish wheel with a 3/4" spacer. I dont like to have the signal sw close. I like it far away so you dont go flipping it on when drifting.
                        ALLEN PETERSEN
                        Number (604) 961-2449
                        4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                        RB30`s for sale!

Comment

I personally would go for the works bell QR if I had that kind of disposable income, especially since theres the D1 limited one in Matte Black haha.....serves no added benefit, but cool!

Comment

I've had both an NRG 2.5 quick release and the $300 worksbell one. You can barely tell the difference.

Steering wheels on the other hand, I hate everything NRG makes in terms of wheels so I don't need to worry about that. I'll get a Nardi 350mm.

Comment

bump.

You guys think the NRG stuff for the R32 will fit a R34? I think the steering section is the same but i dunno. I have no HICAS either so that's not an issue.

I'm thinking of getting the NISMO steering wheels and the NRG hub, quick release, and lock as in this vid:

Comment

Working...
                              X