Hello all ... Any Suggestions ?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all ... Any Suggestions ?!?!?

Ok so I wanted to get some fellow skyliners opinions onthe direction I have taken thus far. Originally when I purchases this beauty I figure I wanted to get about 450-550 RWHP out of her. Figured that was a nice comprisable number as on the street it seems as though it a fair amount of power and as for the track I was looking to own some people on the circuit as well as possibly a drifting track. So I would like to know if you guys think my build is coming along properly and if thereof anything that some of you have experience with that I should maybe change. The current mods that have been purchased and are currently being installed are as follows
    1. Tein Super Street Coilovers
    2. Custom intercooler piping
    3. FMIC
    4. ARP headstuds
    5. Cusco Front Strut Brace
    6. Yellow Jacket Coil Packs
    7. GTR Resistor pack
    8. Apexi Power FC ( RB20DET )
    9. Denso GTR 444cc Injectors
    10. Tomei Fuel Rail
    11. T3 Turbo ( 400-550 Rated )
    12. HID 12k Kit
    13. HKS EVC 6

You're feedback is welcomed as well as any suggestions. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

You're not going to own anyone on either a road circuit or drift event. The power and suspension setups are very different, and what you've got listed above isn't going to get you far. What is your focus going to be - street, road circuit or drift? Choose that first, get a lot of seat time and experience at the track, and concentrate on handling, not power. Old Porsche 914s and 944s run rings around newer, more powerful cars, even though they only have about 120-140 rwhp. There's a reason for that.
    '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
    at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Upgraded adjustable suspension arms are needed.
      2-way Diff.
      Z32 MAF if u stay MAF.

Comment

Agreeing with Jonnyjonny, 450-550 rwhp is cool, but honestly not practical in a street sense. try keeping any type of traction for one. i mean if your gonna drag race the car then yeah its good, but you'll break loose everywhere if this is gonna be your street car. Skylines were originally designed to be circuit cars, and dominated for quite a while at it as well i might add. But yeah focus on a specific purpose for the car, then build on that. Drifting you'll need to delete HICAS, HICAS doesn't like sideways, and beyond that not much more needed. Stock-ish these cars are decent Drifters. But most of that comes down to driver skill. Track/circuit you'll need to focus more on suspension and handling over power. Camber, tires, Lighweight components like rims and flywheels, supension, faster spool time and high RPM range.Drag racing well... not really designed for that to begin with...

Might wanna add to the list;
        a proper dynotune with that fancy-pants ECU
        a damn good clutch kit/ flywheel package
        Brembo brake package to stop your ass properly (i say brembos cause well, i love em, but there are other brands)
        better Fuel pump
        better Oil Pump
        Cams (either pon or pro by Tomei, if your doing massive build like 450-550 wheel may as well go pro)
        Stabilizer/ strut bars (front and rear) to stiffen your frame a bit, help with control
        Oil Cooler
        water/meth kit wouldn't hurt either
        External wastegate
        Upgrade exhaust/turbo Manifold as well as intake manifold
        You'll need to go atmospheric i believe at those HP levels so BOV
        Better exhaust , prolly best would be 4' and you'll want turbo back

this is just off top of my head, AND if you really push and succeed at the HP levels your looking to get..

Most importantly- alot of seat time and practice cause i'll tell you right now, if you've ever driven anything close to even 300 whp, it's alot... especially when you've never driven at 300 whp. it's the most i've ever had at wheels and it is scary at times, i can't even begin to fathom 450-550 under my foot. it's a whole new game with more power and i'd even suggest racing class licence classes if your really going to pursue racing at that kind of power.

Just kind of an off topic question, what car did you have/drive before buying the 'Line?
        Last edited by Ghost; 06-15-2011, 10:09 AM.
        You gotta pay to play.

Comment

i absolutely agree and it may have come off the wrong way but i do know that it takes time in the seat and driver skill. I've been driving circuits for a little while but it's different with my front wheel drive car. this is the first time i'm dealing with a rear wheel drive as well as a turboed vehicle. i promise i'm not a total schmuck when it comes down to it. I've owned a 87 rx7 FC and a 97 honda prelude that was built to the high hill for all motor. I love that car and handles like a dream. i do have all camber and toe arms coming in and hicas has already been deleted with a s13 subframe replacement. Currently have a OS Giken twin plate clutch on hold for me and i've been searching for brakes for a little while. as far as tune i've been trying to research someone who might be able to do it in las vegas otherwise looking to go to my shops guy in cali. i'm not truly trying to be cocky with anyone on the track and what not although i am tired of hearing **** from this SUBI group here in las vegas. had a lot of problems with these guys. none the less i am looking for more track and drift. drag will just be for fun ... i was looking ultimately at around 400 - 450 whp that i figured would be more than enough for both and decent on the drag strip as well. i know it is a considerable amount of power for drift as the car does get loose easy even at stock set up. this was just to put a little umph into it that was all. the car does have a 3.5 full exhaust just never listed it because i wasn't the one to install it and it's some generic brand so i don't really know what it is. and has an older blitz BOV... I've driven some higher powered cars both on the circuit track and around some mountain passes and i agree it's truly very very scary to have that kind of power under your foot that's why i thought a considerable compromise would be around the 400 range as i have driven some incredibly built machines. i greatly apprecaiate everyone's feedback and welcome to anything else. i'm still very novice driver and still anxious to learn. i just really really love to drive. it's my greatest source of release ...

Comment

just re read some of that let me correct myself it's my first time with a turboed car as opposed to rear wheel ... although i only had the FC for about a year and a half and most of that time was spent rebuilding the motor.

Comment

AH yes... the joy of the rotary, lol!
              You gotta pay to play.

Comment

tell me about it ... good lord

Comment

Working...
                X