tint or no tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tint or no tint?

i wanna know what other skyline owners think. my r32 is black with black wheels. its got full 98% tint on the back window and on the rear quarter windows.. my front windows have about 90% tint at the moment. i have to rip the tint off the front windows to pass safety. im just wondering if i should put 98% tint on the front or just leave it with no tint?
    WTB: GTR front fenders and indicators

1987 RX7 Turbo II
    1990 Fairlady Z Version S

1991 Skyline GTS-t Type M

I shall answer your question with another question...
    How often do you like to be pulled over and ticketed? That answer should directly correlate to whether or not you tint.
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

why bother putting on that light of tint. you would barley notice a difference. I say no dont put tint back on the front
      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I think you have your numbers mixed up. The lower the number the darker the tint...means less light is getting through.

If your going to do tint just to the legal limit.
        Originally posted by Paradis
        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

sorry i did mix it up. im used to forza 3 where tint is measured by opacity not the amount of light that can get through . im probably gonna leave my tint off for the time being

1987 RX7 Turbo II

Comment

Yeah leave it off. As nice as it may look as you walk up to the car its just not worth the constant worrying of being pulled over.

Comment

I had 5% before and cops never said anything except roll your window down because the flash light didnt go threw. Its hard for a cop to notice what % it is. Im sure there are some **** cops that do it tho lol
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Also I would say depending on what your using the car for. Im using mine for track so I would like no tint just because you can see the raw material inside. Stripped out caged ready to goooooo
                Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                  Also I would say depending on what your using the car for. Im using mine for track so I would like no tint just because you can see the raw material inside. Stripped out caged ready to goooooo
                  i would be sad to do that to my skyline i would honestly just by the shell of a gts to do that to. but mine is great with my subs and nismo pillows

1987 RX7 Turbo II

Comment

i have 5% in the rear and 20% on the front windows, got pulled over for speeding and they gave me a notice and order to remove the tint.

I drove around for 8 months prior without an issue. With tint your usually fine unless your doing something else wrong and a cop pulls you over. The chances of a cop pulling you over just because of your tint is slim, unless hes having a super bad day lol.

I swapped non tinted glass into my car, went to the RCMP to show them it was gone, he signed off on the notice and order, I went home and put my tinted windows back in... that was 2 months ago.
                    1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                    1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                    i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

If cops are going to pull you over, it won't be because of tint, but they will ticket you for while they have you there. 30-20 you should be ok. I drive with my front windows down like 90% of the time anyways so it doesn't much matter for me.

Comment

In Winnipeg with this whole road side inspection ******** going on, one of the main things they do is test your tint with the light gun, so i don't even bother.
                        Originally posted by Paradis
                        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

thats what i would do for safety if someone here in regina would swap doors with me for the day lol then i wouldnt have to rush on fixing my window regulator either but i already got one now..

1987 RX7 Turbo II

Comment

I have only been pulled over and ticketed for my tint once and it was only like a $57 ticket. My tint is only 35% in the front, not dark at all
                            1994 R33 GTS25-T

Comment

Working...
                            X