No announcement yet.

car not running smooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya looks like I need a air compressor to test for boost leaks next, But no smoke problem anymore and the car can idel but the engine bay shakes like crazy not normal before this all happens....

Comment

If your entire engine bay is shaking you've either got a nasty misfire or all your engine mounts have fallen off. Id start pulling out and cleaning off those plugs, you may have fouled them with this previous nonsense.
      I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

I'm not a mechanic, but its seems that i'm looking in the wrong directions< the car will not start again which I think is the start of the this whole problem, would replacing the coil packs and ignition/amplifier solve this problem. Because for some reason in the winter I would need to press on the gas to start the car or it would not start. I'm clue less isn't the skyline fuel injected? Just sucks that the car will start sometimes? but I can't be driving and seeing if it will start and now run like **** because I can't figure out what is going on with her

by the way I'm reading similar posts and coil packs replacement usually fixes high rev mis fire...
        Last edited by onlybui; 07-03-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

As you can see the last coil is a little darker, which i think is the problem, I've downloaded a R32 Manual and I'm having trouble reading it by not understanding, but I should start the car without gas?

Comment

you could have removed all your packs at once by removing the 7 larger bolts that hold the bracket instead of the 24 little bolts holding individual coilpacks. lesson learned lol
            your not going to be able to say what coilpack it good or bad by the shade of black it is. you have to do a multimeter test found on page EN-532, it is a very simple test.
            youll only need to replace the coil packs that fail the test. dont just start changing stuff thats not needed.
            and by the pics you posted it looks like you havnt actually removed the spark plugs. to inspect a plug your looking at the tip thats inside the combustion chamber. so they gotta come out.
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

ok I haven't had time to work on the car to put it back on the road but I got the yellow jacket coil packs installed and then thinking that it solved the problem, Still haven't checked the spark plugs and use a air compressor to check for boost leaks etcs but I want to you show you guys how the car is runnning... It still stalls when I let it idle, I also clean the throttle and remove black residue using carb cleaner

Skyline R32 idle problems after finding a vacum leak hose split
              Last edited by onlybui; 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

You have quite the idle hunt, test for boost leaks with propane or compressed air as mentioned before. Clean your AAC and IAC valves. Set your TPS to .48-.50Volts. Clean your MAF. Make sure your butterfly valve in your throttle body is closing all the way. Set CAS to 15 degrees BTDC.
                Regards,
                Ken.

Bayside Blue '89 HCR32 RB22 "MORE POWA"
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/49160-kens-1989-babyzilla.html
                Blue '14 Mazda CX-5 - GF's Grocery Getter
                White '10 Mazda 3 - Daily Driver

Comment

Mine was just doing that a week ago, I cleaned out the mafs and iac and idle sits at 900 steady. Try cleaning mafs and see what the does. Here's a link to my diy.
                  Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

just cleaned the MAF and let it warm up and idle and check engine light came on and same issue, i ran the propane on all the connections and no change in idle, I'm lost..... Anyone know if I can take my car to a Nissan dealer or anyone from Winnipeg want to help me get my car on the road, willing to buy beers to solve this issue... guess I can look into the TPS and AAC and IAC, but anyone know how to read the ECU code error?

Comment

Try cleaning AAC. The how to is about twenty posts down. It gives pics and is very easy to do as I have done this also. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...1#entry5225882
                      sigpic

Comment

did you ever figure this out?

Comment

I wasn't able to find out the problem, I ended up sending it to a shop and they replaced the MAF and ignition amplifier and paid over 600 dollars and think the hard reset fixed the problem...

Comment

Working...
                          X