rb26 turbo on rb20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb26 turbo on rb20

has anyone on here put a turbo from an rb26dett on an rb20det...just wondering if it is any bit of an upgrade/worth my time and fi it can even be done heard lots bout upgrading to an rb25 turbo but never heard anything bout the rb26
    1991 skyline GTS-T - first import/winter project

Rb26 would be a downgrade from what I understand. They are smaller than rb20's and 25's. I had a rb25 turbo I bought from someone on this forum and ran it for a week. Not much difference from the rb20 other than it takes a little longer to spool, and they have the same boost restrictions as the 20's meaning don't go past 14psi or they frag. Had to remove it cause it blew a bearing 7 days after I installed it, lost $300 on that one.
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

alright good to know and yea so far im running my rb20 at 15 psi

Comment

How's it holding up at 15? I read they get sketchy after 14. I ran the 25 turbo at 10 when it blew on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Bruce Lee

Comment

What about using the exhaust manifolds from a 26 with the turbos? Can they bolt on a 20 head?
          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

so far at 15 psi its holding alright but seems like i ran faster times at stock boost

Comment

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
              What about using the exhaust manifolds from a 26 with the turbos? Can they bolt on a 20 head?
              No, I'm pretty sure they aren't compatible. Would be effin sweet if it could be done.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Laugh Out Loud

Comment

wow this thread is fail
                  1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                    wow this thread is fail
                    Because? Just cause everyone else doesn't know as much as you about Skylines, you feel the need to flame? That is fail. The whole premise of these forums is to share and help those with less experience with these piece of **** cars, you got nothing constructive to say, keep your thoughts to yourself.
                    Give your head a shake.

And your numbers aren't that impressive, My Sentra SE-R Spec V ran mid to low 12's.
                    Just cause you own a GTR doesn't mean you get to **** on the rest of us. Nuff said, just keep it friendly that's why we're here.
                    Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 09-10-2011, 05:08 AM.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

I love how people are so defensive on the internet lol
                      03 lancer dead
                      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                      05 chevy silverado L33
                      2010 crv Wife's ride
                      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

^ lol always.

Comment

Not trying to be defensive, just don't understand the need to flame when we all share a common interest. I've been a member of this community for 5 years now, and see that things have gotten less friendly than they used to be.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Can use a TD05 turbo off a EVO (requires adaptor flange, custom dumppipe, etc). Trust / Greedy used to make bolt on TD05 turbo's for RB20DET, so the exhaust housing off a blown Greedy / Trust TD05 turbo should be floating around somewhere.

Same with S15? SR20DET turbo with a T25 to T3 adaptor flange, etc.

RB20DETT has been done before. From what I can remember it was using smaller turbo's, custom manifolds. I think it was using TD04 turbo off a 1.3 litre Toyota Starlet engine x2.

Here's an example of a RB20DETT -

dont; know if this os regular but it sure seems like its not....

But I think it's better to use a single turbo, as the response is more violent vs twin turbo that's smooth.

RB25DET turbo has a bigger 66mm (major diameter) compressor wheel, compressor housing to match with bigger diameter outlet and exhaust housing A/R is slightly bigger than RB20DET turbo, but has the same size exhaust wheel.

RB20DET turbo has a 59mm (major diameter) compressor wheel.

Stock turbo can fail due to age, play. Hot shutdowns = coking (blocks oilways) and doesn't help.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                            X