Silicon Coolant Hose Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicon Coolant Hose Kit

Hey all, this morning my car blew yet ANOTHER coolant hose. This is the 4th one in the last 6 weeks.

I have noticed there are silicon coolant hose kits for the GTR, but does anyone have a link, that has a kit specifically for the GTS (RB20det) that includs all the hoses, not just the Rad Hoses. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Jordie
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

I personally don't like the silicone hoses, they are a little to flashy for me. But to each their own I guess. I would try Godspeed as they carry some stuff in regards to what your looking for and will be at a reasonable price. If I could personally I would pick up a Oem replacement kit, or simply get all new hosing and lines
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Thanks Buddy, Ill Give godspeed a try.Agreed Silicon hoses are fashy but the OEM replacement kit just sounds like it will be a zillion dollhairs. Once i put her away for the winter im going to see what im up against and just replace everything. just wanted to know if there was anything out there.
      Jordie Lewis
      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

I'm in the same situation... Trying to find a hose kit for rb20det with no success.
        If you find something, let us know ! Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Dovid View Post
          I'm in the same situation... Trying to find a hose kit for rb20det with no success.
          If you find something, let us know ! Thanks !
          Call fisher Creek Nissan in Calgary, Alberta. They have all nissan gtr/gtst model part numbers and can get you everything you need Oem.
          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Rightdrive?
            I'm sure Daryl could get you the hoses you need, OEM.
            '89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR
            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Thanks for the insight guys, but my car blew a coolant hose friday night in the rain. i didnt notice and the motor blew.. boourns
              Jordie Lewis
              1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

ouch..that sucks. But please replace them with OEM stuff. silicone will harden and crack in a long run. OEM will last you another 15years. They are only 250 for all the soft and hardlines.
                Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

You should also try and find out why they keep blowing. My RB26 was doing that and it came down to having a cracked head. I was leaking compression in to the cooling system causing them to blow!!

You might not be that serious tho, do you know when the head gasket was last changed?
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Which hose ? I have a aluminum Greddy upper rad hose with a bung welded in it for a temp sensor. You might be interested in it..
                    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

We have both OEM and Samco rad hose kits in stock if you need them at all.
                      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Thanks everyone for replying. The RB20 is done, the headgasket went on the car as i was driving home lastweek. I plan on going 25 over the winter. I WILL however be replacing every hose on the motor before it goes in the car.

So silicon hose kits are no good? I am by no means going for looks, i just throught the thicker silicon would stand up better than rubber hose.
                        Jordie Lewis
                        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
                          Rightdrive?
                          I'm sure Daryl could get you the hoses you need, OEM.
                          $$$$$$$$$ !!!!

hydrualic line up to 2 bar is at parts source all sizes

cheap

Comment

The Genuine Nissan hoses are actually very reasonably priced, same as the Samco ones, for what they are.
                            Don't pay attention to the uneducated who may think otherwise.
                            Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 12-11-2011, 08:28 PM.
                            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
                              The Genuine Nissan hoses are actually very reasonably priced, same as the Samco ones, for what they are.
                              Don't pay attention to the uneducated who may think otherwise.
                              cant beat buck a foot for hydraulic hose

vs $3-$7 a ft or $134.00 for a skyline kit yea i think thats i difference for samco vaccum lines

Comment

Working...
                              X