R32 Skyline GTS-4 Engine Swap Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 Skyline GTS-4 Engine Swap Help

What is your guys opinions on swapping into it. I have the Rb20 in there now thinking about a rb25 or rb26 whichever is cheapest and more just to the bolt in and not having to customize ****

Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

rb26 is easiest if you want awd. rb25 is easiest for rwd. take your pick. i can walk you through everything if you want rb25 rwd.
      Last edited by RWD_GTR; 01-11-2012, 03:22 AM.
      RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

I have a Xtreme module in the car already so you can have the RWD and AWD.
        Which do you think it would be easier/cheaper to do?

Comment

Deffinately the 25 would be cheaper and easier. Think of what all has to be swapped with the rb26 and cost of a rb26....

Comment

I've been told from many that 26 would be a lot easier but would the 25 even work for AWD

Comment

I don't see why it would not. fitment on all the blocks and trans match up. If you can put a 25 trans on a 26 , then there's no reason why you cant put a 26 trans on a 25. AWD 25 gts would be the shiz! I want a gts-4 as a daily in the worst way.
              91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

I have never done a stagea rb25 swap into a gts4 but I have experienced and done every other one first hand. Serious for all the trouble your going through it would be best to go with a 26. Reason I say that is because a awd rb25 is hard to come by and when you finally do come by one it will cost you the same as a 26. Now either way you'll have to do some wiring work and if it's the same cost why not go for more displacement? The rb26 is straight drop in as it uses 100% of the same components( sub frame, suspension, you name it, actually not the brakes) a 26 is straight forward and you might have to get a little wiring done. Other than that man your golden. If you do all the work yourself your looking at 3k for everything all said and done with new fluids and your ready to rock.

Now you even have an advantage at this point because you have different gearing in the rb20 front diff than the Gtr. A Gtr is meant for more mid to top speed, the gts on the other hand is meant for more down low. The gearing on the gts is more for acceleration so if you want to have a killer car do the rb26 swap but throw on the 20 diff and keep the original awd 20 trans( so all the gearing matches and nothing grenades) and youll have 300ish hp and alot of get up and go traction/acceleration and you haven't even touched the stock motor yet.

This is the best option in my opinion. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I think is 4.11:1 in R32 GTR diffheads (RB26DETT) vs 4.363:1 in R32 GTS-T, R32 GTS-4 diffheads (RB20DET).

When you work out the cost's, it's probably cheaper to buy a R32 GTR. With R32 GTR you get the badge on firewall saying it's a BNR32.

Usually when R32 GTS-4 to R32 GTR conversions are done, people buy a crashed R32 GTR as a donor car (engine, gearbox, wiring, etc).

Some want a 4 door R32 GTR (something different from the norm), so buy a 4 door R32 GTS-4 and fit R32 GTR front bumper, R32 GTR rear spoiler, factory 4 door sideskirts and engine, drivetrain, etc from a crashed R32 GTR. Also they fit the GTR front fenders, GTR hood, etc.

That's how this R33 GTS-4 to R33 GTR was done. They used a donor R33 GTR for drivetrain, wiring, etc -

Last edited by Skym; 01-21-2012, 04:17 PM.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                  X