R32 GTST to GTR fenders questrion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTST to GTR fenders questrion

I have an 89 GTST and it was hit in the left rear only. The left rear quarter is shot, and I have a guy near by that can get me R32 GTR rear fenders. My question in how much wider are the GTR fenders over the GTST? Has anyone seen an R32 GTST with GTR rear quarters with the stock GTST front fenders? Does it loom stupid?

Thanks in advance as I am trying to do a search on both. It seems the width of a GTST is a little under 67 inches wide and the GTR is around 69 inches wide. To me, that seems like around 1 inch wider either side, yet, I have heard the GTR is 2 inches wider on either side. Thats 4 inches wider overall if true and to me, that seems stupid looking with the stock GTST front end. I would rather keep the GTST body lines, but if parts is an issue, GTR is my only choice. Just do not want a dumb looking car.

Look up Dmax Fender overs. It does look a little wierd with gtst front and Gtr rears.

Plus your options are limited when it comes to Gtr rear fenders. There not bolt on, you would have to buy a rear cut section from a used gtr or weld in panels from japan I believe. Both been expensive.

If I were you cut out the damaged part of your gtst, weld/seal it. There put fender overs over top painted+ pop rivit good to go.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

how much does te other guy want for his GTR fenders?
      1991 skyline GTR
      1969 corvette
      1989 cavalier Z24
      1991 skyline GTR
      1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Get GTR front fenders to match then and have a good looking GTST?
        1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

If I get GTR front fenders, then I need the corners and front bumper cover or else it will have weird gaps. More money than its worth. I got screwed by insurance, so its all coming out of pocket. I figured any fenders will have to be cut in. Just didnt want to do both rear quarters, but if the guy I know cannot get GTST, then GTR is all I got.

He can get me both rear new quarters for 900.

Comment

Shop around some more for the GTS fenders then, or take it to a good body shop that knows how to shape and weld sheet metal.
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

just get the panel fixed. it will be cheaper then buying both gtr panels, plus cost to weld and fit properly and to paint on top.
              i looked into this not to long ago, the cost to just fix the panel and get wide fenders (if you are wanting the rear wider) is far cheaper than trying to properly fit gtr panels on your car.
              (o-o) skyline (o-o) == 300zx ==

Comment

better to have a wider back than a wider front, stick w/ gts front fender for now, then upgrade whenever you want to 'match' the front to the back.

Comment

Working...
                X