question about hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about hp

hey guys so i have an RB20 basicly stock so far have a 3 inch exhaust cat back, and in the next few weeks adding an rb25 turbo with an rb20 wastegate, and a blitz atmospheric bov as well as keeping my stock reserculation valve. can anyone tell me in a ball park region what to expect for hp, as well as if the rb20 wastegate on the rb25 turbo will make any difference as well as hte atmospheric bov being used with the reserculation bov. thanks for the help
    1991 skyline GTS-T - first import/winter project

double bovs, double the power.

Comment

if your going to be a smartass why did you respond to this...was basicly asking if it would work properly with the bov set up like that because that is how it was set up in the car my motor came out of

Comment

wondering if the changes being made are going to make any real difference at all

Comment

Depending on boost you should run from 250-300hp on that setup. If you have a Oem blow offf valve and one going to atmosphere block off the Oem location and make sure it's sealed. If not your car will be prone to stalling out.
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

thanks cschepp...so does hte rb20 wastegate on the rb25 turbo make a difference??....and when i block off the oem blow off valve do i just block the hose that goes to my air intake into the turbo??

Comment

I imagine you have a t off for the hose right now going into both bov's. Block the Oem blow off by welding a plate on there or something like that and get rid of the t and run the one line for the bov.
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

yea right now i just have the oem one but i was told without the oem reserculation valve i would have issues...but if i dont need the factory one at all then i will make an adapter plate to put the atmospheric bov in its place

Comment

On a stock RB20 with a 25 turbo at 14psi, my old setup made 264whp on a mild tune. Also had GTR injectors and a 3" exhaust.
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

ok , first dont run a recerc delete with out a tune it will stall at lights or whenever you stop ...could up the idle rpm but idk if it will stop the issue, also if you dont use your recerc it will take longer to get on boost after shifting bc you loose all that air

as for the waste gates the rb25 gate opens at 7psi and the rb20 at 10 psi so swaping them out would be a plus
                    TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

RB25 turbo is similar to hybrid RB20 turbo, so should add roughly 20hp more at same boost level and catback exhaust provides roughly 13.5hp or so with 0.1bar or maybe slightly more increase in boost level.

215hp + 13.5hp + 20hp = 248.5hp or close to 250hp (at engine) as mentioned above. Might be more if stock BOV doesn't leak.

Can modify stock BOV so it doesn't start to leak after 10psi or so -

Some fit 2x BOV to get the GTR 2x BOV sound or to remove all air between throttlebody, turbo so doesn't make turbo slow down too much.
                      Last edited by Skym; 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

K thanks guys i forgot to mention i have nismo fuel pressure regulator on itoo if that makes any difference at all...seems to run a very small bit rich

Comment

Working...
                        X