Lost all boost???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skym View Post
    From everyone in this thread that helped, you're welcome.
    sorry your right thank you everyone, all info was and is greatly appreciated

Comment

soooooo........i swapped the turbo, took out my boost controller so that i would run stock boost. i started my car today let it warm up for 5 mins drove to the end of the block and all was fine as soon as i turned out to the main street (putting along) this new rb25 45v4 turbo started howling out of nowhere. so now when i give it gas under 1 psi boost it wines like a police siren???? any thoughts

Comment

If you had boost leaks on your old setup, your turbo would be over worked causing the failure. Possibly.
        I would make a boost leak checker and use it once in awhile.
        Especially after major repairs like a turbo swap.
        Good luck.

Comment

Whistling sound can be a intake airleak after turbo (leaks when intake piping is under pressure). Tighten the worm drive intake hose clamps properly. If you don't tighten the worm drive intake hose clamps properly, they can come undone due to vibration of engine, which sounds like what happened. If whistle sound is still there after tightening up worm drive intake hose clamps, then it can be compressor wheel touching compressor housing.

Can make your own intake leak tester -

We make a home made boost pressure leak tester for our turbo car from parts you can get from your local hardware store for around $10. We found a pesky leak ...

Or buy a pro intake leak tester -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

This is and awesome way of taking care of a leak. Did this on my last car and it worked like a charm. Took more time to put the test materials together then find the leak. But at least I have the materials lying around now.
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Working...
            X