hicas delete problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hicas delete problem

So I have just finished installing the new hicas delete kid I baught removed all the lines looped them took out the fins from the pump have not gotten an allignment yet, and have not disconnected the warning light took the car for a drive down the street at about 20kmh and heard a wierd scraping noise . Any ideas what it is?

Could be any number of things. In my experience as an auto tech, I usually hear that type of sound if I've done brake work and accidentally bent a splash guard and it's slightly touching the rotor. Does the noise sound rotational or constant?
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

Sounds concistant at 20 kmh but at 10kmh I don't even hear it when I get home from work I will check over the breaks again could it possibly be the audjustble lower control arms I installed were not spread apart enough? Doesn't look like it is touching anything, sounds like the hubs plate is touching the wheel

Comment

I guess take a look at everything you did and see if there are any signs of polished metal from something rubbing or touching. I recently lowered my GTR and on occasion I get the odd tire rub on my wheel arches which sounds kinda nasty when at driving speed. It is also quite possible the arms are not quite adjusted properly and causing the sound if the alignment is out of wack. Normally after I swap or install something on my car, I physically go around and touch all the bolts and nuts I've loosened and make sure all is tight. Kind of a cover your ass kinda deal. Might just be something you forgot to tighten.
        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
        -Bruce Lee

Comment

I toop off my pads and rotors checked over everything, got an alignmenet done and the sound is still there , I think it might just be the power steering pump squeeling every once in a while because its bleeding the air in the lines I read up somewhere that it takes a few days. But my other problem now is that the car feels like the back end is swaying out of control when I try driving straight , the steering wheel feels like its not alighend at times but at other the car steers straight. Maybe I messed up on looping the lines. I took out the hicas pump near the gas tank, and also the seleniod near the steering rack, all of the lines and the fins from the pump. I looped the two lines that went to the seleniod. One being coming from the pump the other being going to the resivor where u top up the power steering fluid. The line from the pump runs down to the bottom of the chassis and then all the way back up to the resivore, car is steering wildley out of control when trying to drive straight, I think it has something to do with. The front power steeringm

Comment

If your rear end feels like its swinging out, it probably is. Is it possible the shop only aligned the front???

And what kind of lock-out??? Tomei II, AMS or driftworks full, lockout bar etc????

Comment

figured out problem

So I went to my mechanic at dsi customs he looked at my wheels and could tell that the allignment was off, but I had already had an allignment done by putneys brake and allignment in hamilton they messed up on alligning the back tires did not set the tires evenly on was poked in and squeeling not only that but when I did my driftworks hicas delete kit, the chassi has 4 bolts all together that go threw the drift works kit and I had only attatched two nv auto did my next allignment and did an incredible job. Car is not running grea! Thanx everyone for ur help and sorry for mistaken information

Comment

Working...
              X