Oil Inside Intake Manifold Runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Inside Intake Manifold Runners?

so i was doing a big clean up in my engine bay, and i took the top half of my manifold off, yes stock rb20 manifold, and looking down in the runners going to the head, theirs little puddles of oil in each at the bottom. like the width of the runner and about 2.5 inchs long. just a few mm's deep which isnt much but the point is... WHAT THE HELL!

i dunno. maybe i have a leak, i had a brand new gaskit so it wasnt suppose to leak if it has...

ill get a picture as soon as i can, any info appreciated.

thanks
    Marc
    89 r32 sedan

Turbo is probably on its way out
    I love Skylines! My jackstands never get stolen...

Comment

hard to say without any pics, but if your running stock pcv system id say normal.as long as there's not too much oil... ive noticed small amounts of oil in inlet side of turbo and other intake pipes. see it alot with the turbo diesel at work. oil catch setup would eliminate alot of it most likely
      Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

like oil catch off of the valve cover would help? and sucks if the turbo might go... better getting a stock rb25 or high flow mine? and i also dont know how much high flow is but anyways ill try n get pic tomorrow!
        89 r32 sedan

Comment

I think puddles are large but normal for a stock pcv system on a high km motor. Especially if its on boost alot.

^ I dont think the RB20 turbo would be worth highflowing, a RB25 highflow is around $700 give or take. If interested PM "craftz" or "nelsonmxmarc" they both have highflowed turbos from Cherry Turbos.

Comment

yeah, have the inlet side of the turbo pull the oil vapours through the catch can before going into the intake, should help keep some oil residue out. im sure some will still get by with time but cant see it hurting anything...

Comment

I would say yes.

Comment

yep, should do it

Comment

Working...
                X