Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan motor for switching mode

R33

well it seems the motor or door thing to switch fan blowing modes is stuck and is getting quite annoying. every time i start the car i hear this rather obnoxious ticking from behind the center of the dash, sounds like its up high by my defrost vents right in the middle?

Anyways i was fiddling around with it today and it seems to cycle through all modes fine except when i switch it to only on the feet, thats when it starts to change and then TICK, TICK, TICK lol you get the point. So just wondering if anyone knows much about unjamming or fixing this and how big of a job it is, can the stereo and such just be removed to get at it or does cluster etc have to come out as well? Thanks!
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

I had exact same problem, changed the little motor underneath by drivers feet, fixed the problem, I think it has plastic gears, few notches broke. Could turn it by hand but if I went back to feet would click again

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
      I had exact same problem, changed the little motor underneath by drivers feet, fixed the problem, I think it has plastic gears, few notches broke. Could turn it by hand but if I went back to feet would click again
      well i never use it except to defrost the car anyways, a/c blows hot so why bother lol but i just want the damn ticking to stop. so you say theres a motor down by the pedals? is it visible if i just lay down and look under there? and whats it even look like? got tomorrow to try and fix it, or even just disconnect it or something.
      1989 GTR - summer toy
      2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

The motor just bolts on there,it's visible once u look down there. I could switch mine while driving

Comment

Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
          The motor just bolts on there,it's visible once u look down there. I could switch mine while driving
          awesome. ill check it out tomorrow thanks!
          1989 GTR - summer toy
          2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

i saw your car yesterday (wed) driving down 152 towards port man. sounds good man!

tell me again where you had the paint touched up? Motors out again, and this time shes getting some new skin!

Comment

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
              i saw your car yesterday (wed) driving down 152 towards port man. sounds good man!

tell me again where you had the paint touched up? Motors out again, and this time shes getting some new skin!
              lol headin home from work. whats your number ill try to find the guys number and send it to ya
              1989 GTR - summer toy
              2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Working...
              X