Rear camber problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear camber problem?

I recently bought a 1990 gts-4 r32. i didn't notice at first but the camber in the rear is really bad, and my tires wore on the inside very badly, i was hoping its an easy adjustment i can fix at home. Anyone know if this is common problem and what causes it? also how i can fix this so im not going through tires like crazy (other than when im going sideways).

both of the rear wheels tilt out on bottom, and top inwards.

It depends on what you have for suspension components. The stock components do have a limited amount of adjustability, but if you have lowered the ride significantly via lowering springs or coilovers that will throw your camber out as you have described. If you are running stock suspension and ride height you should be able to take it in to a shop and get it fixed (stock alignment specs can be downloaded). If you have lowering springs/coilovers and evrything else is stock I think you are pretty much screwed and will et up tires. If you have adjustable control arms you can probably get it adjusted pretty good. Hope that helps.

Comment

camber shouldnt eat up tires horribly fast, your toe is probably out of wack too. spend the $100 an get an alignment

Comment

Originally posted by Fiorante View Post
        camber shouldnt eat up tires horribly fast, your toe is probably out of wack too. spend the $100 an get an alignment
        Actually incorrect camber does cause quite a bit of tire wear, although not as severe as toe. Rear camber is adjustable with stock upper control arm cam bolts, but you will want to take the car in for alignment to fix this.

Comment

must be your **** roads in Ontario, i run lots of camber up front an dont see any unusual tire wear on my direzzas

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post
            Actually incorrect camber does cause quite a bit of tire wear, although not as severe as toe. Rear camber is adjustable with stock upper control arm cam bolts, but you will want to take the car in for alignment to fix this.
            Your right but usually that wear is caused by incorrect toe, More negative camber toe tends to move in. On an alignment machine when you adjust toe to centerline you will have very minimal tire wear. Ive aligned cars at more then -4degrees and the tire wear was above average but nothing noticeable at all. Best thing would be just go for an alignment and see from there.

Comment

Working...
            X