gtr front fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtr front fenders

hey guys, planning on converting my 4 door gtst panels to gtr panels ( fenders, hood, bumper), just curious to what modifications i would have to do to the car if any to make these fit? i understand that i would need headlights and corner lights and all that fun stuff but will everything for the most part just bolt up? thanks
    1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T 4 Door
    1993 Nissan 240SX S13 (Drift Project)

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew
    LIVE FAST, DIE LAUGHING...

nobody on here knows about this?? i find that really hard to believe lol

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew

Comment

it all fits just fine. technically dont need new headlights. their same in everyway except theirs no tabs for the grill to sit in too. but on my sedan i have gtr hood, grill and front lip. if you are getting the front fenders are you getting the bumper too? you dont need to but it would be easier since the gtr fenders are 30mm wider then gts and the bumper corners would be in a big but if you just pull em out to match and bolt them up it will be just fine kuz the bumper is super forgiving. and yes the corner lights need to be changed since the gtr ones are slightly longer. and back to the hood, since it doesnt overlap all the way to the bumper like the gts you need to modify the hood latch so it is in line with the new hood. unfortunatly my car with with the hood installed so i dont know what it took to make it work.... but you might just have to buy the whole latch assembly off a gtr.

here's an example of mine. if you got more questions free to ask.
      Last edited by magular; 07-29-2012, 10:33 PM.
      89 r32 sedan

Comment

only reason why i didnt go gtr fenders is because the body line from the corner light to tail light is super smooth on sedan but if u get gtr fenders it will look much more bulkier, which is fine if you need the extra 30mm for wheel/tire. but i just went for smooth. something to think about and theirs already more room up front then is in the back. so going with 30mm bigger would mean i could fit an 18x11 which i cant in the rear so i didnt see the point.

BUTTT i hope it works out lol. im just sharing alternatives to make your life easier is all. maybe something you hadnt considered.
        89 r32 sedan

Comment

well im just looking at all my options as well, im going the gtr route as well as dmax overs, i would do the bumper and hood as well but i would have hood pins so no need to worry about the latch. as for the rear i have seen rear overs for the four doors comes with the rear quarter and door pieces so thats going to give me the room for bigger wheels front and rear.

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew

Comment

yeah the rear is about 20mm overs for the proper sedan rear overs. Charles (c-unit) might have an extra set of the kit still at his place. i know kuz i was going to buy a kit off of him and they arrived at his place from over seas around late april. theirs a member on here that already bought 1 set of charles and has it installed if u wanted to take a look.
            89 r32 sedan

Comment

i would love to see how they look do you know what the guys name is on here?

S1DC

Stage 1 Drift Crew

Comment

Ill sell you gtr fenders cheap lol
                Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

I think your looking for me

Here is the car done:

And this is the link to the build: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/media/54...-endeavor.html

Comment

that was easy. i didnt even have to guide you to him lol. he just popped up perfect timing lol
                    89 r32 sedan

Comment

I'm very sneaky like that lol

Comment

if your going to fit a gtr hood , you will need a gtr hood latch and the hoodlatch bracket from a gtr also.

Comment

Originally posted by DynamiteQC View Post
                          if your going to fit a gtr hood , you will need a gtr hood latch and the hoodlatch bracket from a gtr also.
                          You can modify the GTS latch to work with a GTR hood. It's easier and free to do and works perfectly, if you're on a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                          -Bruce Lee

Comment

if no one noticed before he said he's going to go with hood pins so he doesnt need a latch anyways.
                            89 r32 sedan

Comment

Working...
                            X