Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bee-R Rev limitter on RB20, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee-R Rev limitter on RB20, good or bad?

I'm thinking about getting Bee-R rev limiter for my RB20.
    anyone here have one on your RB20??
    I hear some people say, this thing possibly damage the engine...so I would like to hear what you guys think of it.

for you information, my RB20 is equipped with:
    Nistune, RB25 S1 turbo, Deatschwerks 440cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump...etc

Thank you
        ∩___∩
       | ノ      ヽ
      /  ●   ●  | Hello there!!!
      |    ( _●_)  ミ
     彡、   |∪|  、`\
    / __  ヽノ /´>  )
    (___)f^f^f^f^f^f^f^┐
     |    |~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~│
     |    | SKYLINE    │
     |  / |    For     |
     | /  |      Life   |
     ∪   |__________|
    1990 HCR32 (Black)

Nissan Skyline GTR Oil Pump in RB26DETT drive collar, Pressure, Broken, leak, cracked, screws, Gears.

decide yourself.
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

sounds like a bad plan!!

Comment

I have one on my rb26, as long as you don't sit there doing flame shows you'll be fine. RB oil pump drives can't handle the shock of bouncing off the limiter. I set mine to 7000rpm max. I occasionally get it to go off during spirited pulls which from my understanding is ok.
        If you use it as a fail safe to protect from over revving, no issues. If you intend on setting off WWIII then it will destroy your engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
        -Bruce Lee

Comment

The question is why do you want it? It does nothing for the performance of your car. If you want to do ricey flame shows or blow up your engine then its great.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Never was a big fan of the limiter!
            TOP SECRET- 85%
            91 accord exr - DD
            R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
            R33 GTST (sold)
            91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

You are never gonna find a solid answer on this topic. There really isn't any benefit of using them, Most people use them to show off. That being said there are plenty of guys who use them once and awhile and are perfectly fine. Keep in mind the the rb20 turbo is ceramic and I'm not to sure how it would like it.

Comment

yeah, i didn't meant to use it just like setting up WW2. For sure i wanted it for a bit of show off.
                But, i guess its not worth to install it on my car, after i read the old thread provided from kengeroo and other people's comments.
                Since my GTS-t is still in good shape and being reliable daily car. I decided Bee-R rev limiter thing is NoNo.
                I could use this money for something else for my car.

Thank you for all the input
                    ∩___∩
                   | ノ      ヽ
                  /  ●   ●  | Hello there!!!
                  |    ( _●_)  ミ
                 彡、   |∪|  、`\
                / __  ヽノ /´>  )
                (___)f^f^f^f^f^f^f^┐
                 |    |~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~│
                 |    | SKYLINE    │
                 |  / |    For     |
                 | /  |      Life   |
                 ∪   |__________|
                1990 HCR32 (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
                  The question is why do you want it? It does nothing for the performance of your car. If you want to do ricey flame shows or blow up your engine then its great.
                  It's saved my engine more than once when I was at the track. Autocross courses can make your revs jump quickly, this thing takes that extra attention you have to pay to your revs away.
                  So, ricey maybe. Useful, most certainly.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Had mine almost 3 years, no issues
                    I don't abuse it, occasionally hit it on 3rd to 4th gear shifts
                    Quick pop/spit, nothin crazy. It's good for launches, build boost an drop the clutch before it starts to backfire. I have hit it off the 7k limiter to shoot flames at night which is always fun. 3 years of use, compression test was still good, motor is still healthy. All depends in how you use it
                    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

vipec launch control ftw
                      TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

I ran a bee-r on my gts for a couple years with no issue, aside from disintegrating the turbo and oem cat converter as a result of the turbine blowing a hole in it after i hit the limitter. I was planning on doing the turbo anyway so no big deal. The bee-r is an ignition cut limitter as opposed to the oem ecu having a fuel cut limitter. In theory, its safer as your not leaning out when hitting the stock limitter. I dont get why people always ask "why do you want one?" Who cares, if you you want one, go get one.
                        I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by danwit View Post
                          I ran a bee-r on my gts for a couple years with no issue, aside from disintegrating the turbo and oem cat converter as a result of the turbine blowing a hole in it after i hit the limitter. I was planning on doing the turbo anyway so no big deal. The bee-r is an ignition cut limitter as opposed to the oem ecu having a fuel cut limitter. In theory, its safer as your not leaning out when hitting the stock limitter. I dont get why people always ask "why do you want one?" Who cares, if you you want one, go get one.
                          Maybe we are saying its a bad idea for the exact reason why you had a failure. A BeeR is crap, much harder on your motor than a fuel cut limiter could ever do. If you are that worried about leaning out a tad (its very minor on a small bore engine with very low static compression) then I suggest a Gizmo limiter. It's a spark based "soft touch" limiter that cuts spark at random cyl. to give you a gentle stutter instead of the all or nothing, violent machine gun of the BeeR.

The BeeR is for annoyance and engine breakage......

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

^^ The reason it all failed was because he ran it with a cat. It tells you right in the install not to use a catalytic converter.
                            At any rate, been running mine all summer and no issues whatsoever. With that in mind, I also don't sit there and let it rip just for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                            X