Is it worth buying this skyline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth buying this skyline?

Hey guys I recently came across a skyline on kijiji but I am unsure if its worth buying/trading for my 2 E36 BMW 320i's one running the other needs an ECU. combined they are worth about $4500-5000 because one is not running currently. He is willing to do the trade directly but here are the specs on the skyline.

I have a 91 skyline rb25 has engine clatter told its lifter and racapinion seal in front steering is gone so it's arm strong steering

Rb25 det s2 motor with a pollished shaved head head last week and arp head studs new head gasget and top end gaskets greddy intake manifold last week over the winter the 25 went in i removed from a 95 r33

full hks turbo back exhust system

audioban 88 front mount intercooler

hks ssquv bov

mishamoto rad and fans and shroud

new timing belt and waterpump 10k ago

new xtd 6 puck stage 2 cluch

apexi n1 32 way coilovers

front and rear upper and lower nismo controle arms

nismo sway bars and tie rods

gtr brakes

adr yellow braded brake lines

solid rear bushings

hicus deleat bar

hicus pump and lines delet

a\c delet

nrg steering wheel

automeater boost and temp guages

aem air/fuel guage

nismo short shifter

Turbo timer

full orgin body kit not purfict off a drift car only front bumper and skirts on now

fiberglass hood

brand new 18" rims with new rubber

windshild has one crack

paint is ok but could be redone with body kit

NO RUST not missing any interior except main ashtray 4800 obo or trade for Chevy/gmc truck gas or diesel or tuner or jdm

That's the ad but I'm somewhat concerned about the "engine clatter" he also has told me he has the front of the engine torn apart in order to repair it but doesn't have the money to fund it any more. I'm wondering if its worth what he is asking and what do I need to look for when viewing the vehicle (common issues on these cars etc) and what do you guys think the main issue with this car engine is? I can text him a few questions if it would help you guys determine the issue because I am so unfamiliar with these vehicles? I'm concerned it may need a new block but like I said I don't know these cars as well as you guys! any help, pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by harmfulerik; 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM.

Can't be an overly clever fellow based on the terrible spelling.
    If its "clattering" one would have to suspect its been beat on and possibly not well maintained.
    E36 is a very good car too. Might be worth sorting them out or keep looking IMO.

Comment

offer him 3 grand u may be in for a surprise if the motor is fuked and you have to dump alot of coin into it to get it running. i missed out last year on buying another gtr with a spun rod for 3 grand. 4800 for a gts with motor trouble aint worth it. u can find one running for that
      1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

Because you can't run the engine treat it as if you were buying it needing an engine like worst case scenario 4500$ with all the toys it has is a good head start. For a project car. Too bad u can't drive it.
        Favorites
        lucky_cefiro
        you\'re not listening
        entelijint
        stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
        mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
        Originally posted by specialedition
        He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Yeah actually you make a good point, there is a good chance the car was bagged on and the oil probably was not changed as frequently as it should have been. I think I'm going to pass on this one unless he is willing to do it for 3000 but I'm probably going to have to drop a new block in there eventually because I have reason to believe that this engine may have been treated poorly. I'm looking at a good 1500 for a new motor probably?

Comment

1500?... Don't know much about rb25s, but i would think a well maintained engine is worth more like 2000-2500...?
            My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

i got mine for 1400 shipped and taxes in. minty fresh

and 4500 for a really good shell with tons of goodies its too bad..
              Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Run away
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I wouldn't bother picking up someone else's project.

Comment

its been on there for a while,
                    Last edited by blackdeath; 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM.
                    2008 silverado 2500hd dmax 640whp 1200 wtq twin turbo at 60 psi
                    1992 nissan skyline gts-4

rb20
                    t28
                    nistune
                    z32 maf
                    aeromotive fuel pump
                    13 psi dynomatics at 231.9whp on slipping clutch
                    1997 toyota paseo
                    1994chevy suburban
                    2008 victory vegas low chopped

Comment

I'm in agreement with garetth here. Sorry
                      Originally posted by Robski
                      do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

Well I prefer to buy stock and do all the mods myself, so I can assure the build quality. But I daily drive all my show / track cars.

So if it's just a project car for you, and you have your own garage to work on it and store it in. I'd say make him an offer if the chassis is rust free and you like the goodies it comes with. But for less than he's asking.

If it's gonna be any kind of daily driver or your not a wrench head... Get something that's stock'ish.
                        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
                          i got mine for 1400 shipped and taxes in. minty fresh

and 4500 for a really good shell with tons of goodies its too bad..
                          where abouts were you able to get this??

Comment

Working...
                          X