Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost controllers so many choices

Hey Guys,

Over the years ive had many different cars and ive purchased multiple boost controllers, So now ive had my 4th skyline for over a year and a bit and im looking into getting a controller for it. Now ive come accross a dilema on what i should be buying and what not.

Im basically just looking for some imput on what you guys are running and how you like it (reliability, user friendly...Ect)

Im pondering over 3 controllers right now. Apex-i AVCR, Greddy profec 2 and the Blitz SBC Type R

Any Advice or Comments will be appreciated

Thanks
    92,94,95 Honda Civic
    92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
    92,93 Nissan 180sx
    90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
    89 Nissan Silvia

Depends on boost level, purpose of car (dragstrip, racetrack, road, etc) and your budget. Each boost controller has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Apexi, Greedy use a 3port? boost control solenoid (looks similar to a MAC brand 3port? boost control solenoid) which is great if running around 1bar or basically lower boost levels.

If running higher boost levels HKS EVC 5 or 6, Blitz boost controllers are best (solenoid is better at controlling, holding boost level).

Other things you take into account is changing little airfilters to MAP sensor, boost control solenoid (HKS, Apexi, just to name a few have those little airfilters) that need to be changed every 5000kms.

With some boost controllers (HKS for example) they can have a boost level drop feature. If car wheelspins on racetrack, road, etc, the boost level is dropped so car regains traction. Apexi has gear dependent boost control which allows setting of different boost levels in each gear (good for dragracing). Most of those boost controllers can run a boost trigger via button on steering wheel for high boost level (when over taking).
    Last edited by Skym; 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for the reply Skym, To be honest right now my car is very minimal on modifications, basically Full turbo back and fmic. Its a dd with occasional track days. I wont be running more then 1 bar due to stock turbo and what not. Im going to take that into consideration greatly when choosing the right controller.

Thanks again
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

I have ran a few electronic ones now and have not been completely happy with any of them. I am going back to a good old reliable manual controller. still plan on running 18+ psi

Comment

I would say greddy profec2 if you find it cheap or else the turbosmart ( i think its the good one) has a very neat feature for boost drop.

I would go for either 2
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

the AEM tru-boost not user friendly at all.... I have it and don't like it:But the overall is find. specially like the ''scramble boost'' option what skym explained as the button on the steering wheel....
            My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Much appreciated
              92,94,95 Honda Civic
              91 Nissan Skyline GTR
              92,93 Nissan 180sx
              89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Working...
              X