Hi guys,

i want to know what you think about this turbo

Basically a highflowed rb25 turbo

-better chra
    -no more shitty ceramic exhaust wheel
    -rated at 300-450hp depend on rb20 or 25
    -bolt on !
    -come with braided water and oil line!

I'm really thinkin about it since a got a quote from cherry turbo for a rb20 turbo rebuild/highflow for 750$

Ps, its for a rb20 gtst

From what I understand, it's a Mitsubishi turbo that's modified to fit on a RB20 or RB25 engine (Made in Japan). Haven't heard anything bad about them.

Highflow stock turbo is polishing housings, backcutting blades, etc.

Hybrid stock turbo is using new TB03 CHRA, aftermarket compressor (T3 60 trim for RB20 turbo, T4E for RB25 turbo), exhaust (VG30DET?), machined stock compressor, exhaust housings to suit bigger wheels. It's called a hybrid turbo, as is using parts from different turbo's.
    Last edited by Skym; 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

If you look closely its wrote nissan on it and 45v4 on the compressor housing meaning that its from a rb25

Comment

Originally posted by frankydodo View Post
        if you look closely its wrote nissan on it and 45v4 on the compressor housing meaning that its from a rb25
        vg30det

Comment

info from skym ive saved:
          Turbo identification:
          S1 rb25 is branded 45v1 and uses a ceramic exhaust and steel turbine wheels.
          S2 rb25 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and 4iu on the exhaust housings and uses ceramic exhaust wheel with a nylon compressor wheel.
          Rb25 neo #1 is branded 45v2 on the turbine housing and op6 on the exhaust housing and uses ceramic exhaust wheel and a nylon compressor wheel. (same as a s2 rb25 turbo but with a bigger Exhaust housing).
          Rb25 neo turbo #2 is branded Garret on the turbine housing and is steel exhaust and turbine wheels.
          And if u happen to come across one branded 45v4 that is a vg30det turbo there is an earlier model with ceramic wheels and roller bearings, and a later model which uses steel wheels and ball bearing.
          S1 and rb20: capable of 14psi safely
          S2 and neo #1: capable of 12 psi due to the nylon wheel
          Neo#2 and vg30det(later model): capable of what ever u want throw at them I'd imagine due to steel wheels but don't know when they run out of efficiency.
          - Adam

:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by frankydodo View Post
            If you look closely its wrote nissan on it and 45v4 on the compressor housing meaning that its from a rb25
            My bad. I just looked at the name in link and skimmed the specs and from looking other turbo's (specs) they sell, noticed Mitsubishi parts. But you are correct, it does look like a Nissan compressor housing and is a hybrid turbo.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

here is the same turbo i think for a great price

1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

Working...
              X