Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKS silent hi-power exhaust, no r33 sedan application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS silent hi-power exhaust, no r33 sedan application?

My Impul exhaust will need replacing this spring. I've been doing a lot of reading...

I think the HKS silent hi-power will fit my needs / tastes best... Good volume at WOT but with minimal highway drone.

However on all the application charts I can only find r34 sedan and wagon versions. Will these fit the R33 sedan without modding? I'm thinking they won't cause of fuel tank location, ect.

Is there anywhere I can order the hKS silent hi-power resonator and muffler a la carte, ie without the piping. Cause then I could just install them with custom mandrel bent piping.

I've considered using a vibrant resonator and getting an HKS muffler, but I have read when you mix and match like that, it won't sound that good.

Any input would be appreciated.
    www.artpal.com/philbrick

all you need to buy is the actual cannon itself, then have the exhaust shop make a new one from the lay out of the old one, shiny bits under your car dont matter as they don't stay shiny for long ON A DD, i will suggest that you get a flex-bellow after the downpipe, buying a kit that's $1500 IMO, is a waste of money as long as you have a shop that does mandrel bends in their tubing to keep smooth airflow just buy the muffler and flanges/exaust gaskets, and have them weld a 3 piece exhaust
    1 downpipe/flex-bellow
    2 center section,flanged at both ends with resonator/testpipe/nothing
    3 the muffler, with extra tubing to the center rear flange

this is the 2 pieces NOT including the down pipe and flex-bellow
    TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

^ I agree with this guy, as long as there are no rust holes, or soon to be rust holes. I wouldn't worry about replacing the full system, just switch canisters.

I know that r32 gtr/gts/sedan are compatible if you change around hangers, I have a hks system from a GTR on my sedan. No clue about r33/r34
      Originally posted by Robski
      do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

Thanks for the responses gents.

Ya the whole system needs replacing, holes and soft spots have been cemented over on the piping, resonator and back of the muffler.

I will add the down pipe and flex bellow to my parts list.
        www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

This is what I'm thinking for my set-up... Based on flow, availability, not too loud for street and value.

3" Down pipe
          3" flex pipe
          3" vibrant metal core race cat
          3" vibrant ultra quiet resonator
          3" apexi n1 muffler

Then obviously 3" mandrel bent pipe in between.

How am I doing so far?
          www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

I had apexi downpipe with N1 on my gtr, sounded sexy! Was quiet but throaty. Sounds very nice past about 3500rpm :-)
            FVI .ca
            "We arn't just Importers, we are Owners"

1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD :-(

Comment

Originally posted by TheKidd147 View Post
              I had apexi downpipe with N1 on my gtr, sounded sexy! Was quiet but throaty. Sounds very nice past about 3500rpm :-)
              Thanks for the feedback!

I was leaning towards a generic downpipe, but since you mentioned the apexi one, I did some reading up. All the apexi ones I saw had the bit of flex pipe in the middle of them, which I like cause it eliminates an extra piece/link in the chain. I also read about a few fitment issues with the generic downpipes. So the apexi DP is likely worth the extra dough!

The thing with the apexi DP is that it brings the parts total up to $1000 potentially. So may look into other bang for the buck brands. But to me it seems the DP is something you shouldn't skimp on.
              Last edited by TheHire; 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM.
              www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Originally posted by 92GTSTproject View Post
                all you need to buy is the actual cannon itself, then have the exhaust shop make a new one from the lay out of the old one, shiny bits under your car dont matter as they don't stay shiny for long ON A DD, i will suggest that you get a flex-bellow after the downpipe, buying a kit that's $1500 IMO, is a waste of money as long as you have a shop that does mandrel bends in their tubing to keep smooth airflow just buy the muffler and flanges/exaust gaskets, and have them weld a 3 piece exhaust
                1 downpipe/flex-bellow
                2 center section,flanged at both ends with resonator/testpipe/nothing
                3 the muffler, with extra tubing to the center rear flange

this is the 2 pieces NOT including the down pipe and flex-bellow
                Agree with him.. When I had a custom muffler before it cost me $500 installed fitted etc.

They provided the cannon too!

However, do your research first as my R32 GTST sound like a mustang after.. (maybe piping is a bit too wide)

Comment

Working...
                X