Which gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gauges?

Which gauges are you guys using in your cars or what would be the most important?

Starting to mod my car so I know I need a few.

-wideband
    - oil pressure
    - oil temp
    - water temp

Those are what I plan on getting.

input?

I'd get a boost gauge if you're still running the factory one. Not accurate enough if you start to mod.

Water and oil temp I think you can do without (unless you plan to track it), others may feel differently. If its not overheating you are fine, and the OEM gauge will tell you just as well as any other gauge will.

All I ran in my car was boost, AFR and oil pressure. Everything else was OEM.

Edit: realized this is for a GT-S but I feel like the info is still solid
    Last edited by hozer; 03-04-2013, 02:40 AM.
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

boost
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Forgot to add that, I've got an aftermarket boost gauge already. Which brands would you recommend? Not looking to spend the money for Defi.

Comment

a good boost gauge. oil temp and pressure are a must, A/F ratio is good to have

edit: i have boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temp, exhaust temp, oil temp and A/F. all are autometer accept the A/F is AEM
          Last edited by amnash; 03-04-2013, 12:50 PM.
          - Adam

:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Boost gauge (if boosting above 13.5 psi, which is max of stock boost gauge or basically +7).

Oil temp gauge (used to determine oil to run, see if oil is overheating on racetrack)
            Oil pressure gauge (used to determine oil to run and monitor wear of bearings, etc)
            Exhaust temp gauge (used for tuning engine)
            Coolant temp gauge (more for track where you need to monitor coolant temps)

If was me, I would run HKS camp (takes up less room than gauges and cheaper than a set of gauges, have more options as far as digital gauges go) -

Or run Greedy Informeter Touch with additional sensor options for oil temp, oil pressure, etc (takes up less room) -

Greedy Informeter on R32 GTR -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

^^^ Informeter FTW! I run one in my GTR and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
              1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
              -Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
              X