what turbo are u running for rb25det?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what turbo are u running for rb25det?

Hey guys mite be upgrading my turbo to something else and was wondering what everyone was running on there RB25det. Right now i;m running a Garrett Gt35r 82. ball bearing turbo. full boost i think was around 4500 rpms. I dont mind lag much as long as it hits hard lol.

the gtx version would be faster spooling with the same punch
    TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

I run a GT2871R because of how responsive the setup is. Obviously you're not looking to downgrade though so my info is useless to you.

Have you looked into Holset? There's a member here with a GTS25T making about 500hp at the wheels on a holset
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I'm not running it yet. But hybrid stock rebuild.
        Steel journal. Built to your desired attributes.
        Big power , or quick spool . Whatever . Cherry turbos

Comment

Violent kick on or off throttle is response. Smaller turbo = more response at loss of hp. Bigger turbo = less response but more hp.

Compound turbocharging (small turbo, big turbo or small supercharger, bigger turbo) as used on Group-B rally cars = best of both worlds, hp and response -

I was able to catch Marc at Boost Logic for just a second and got him to explain his turbo compound setup.

Boost Logic Twin Turbo (Compound) test drive. SC50 and GT42-74 running 24 psi of boost (spiking 27 psi)

This R33 (there's a thread with photo's, specs, etc of this car) has a HKS 25/40, similar to HKS GTRS and is very responsive -

Short video of a recently purchaced ECR33. Fitted with a lot of parts. HKs turbo, fuel upgrades, aero, suspens, lsd etc. Should be a killer!

I like the acceleration, sound from Nismo exhaust.
          Last edited by Skym; 03-25-2013, 12:10 PM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I ran a GT2535 on 15psi and put down 350whp. Just recently it blew up so ive been in the market for a new turbo, looking for 400-450whp for now, but want the option to go 500whp+ in the future. I researched for about 6 months straight. This is what i decided on, CT4 5562 Triple ball bearing, billet wheel, with full length fins.
            Link:

I will be receiving shipment this week

Comment

That compound set up looks like a waste of space, time and money. Headache waiting to happen. Keep it simple.

Comment

The diesel compound turbo for the dodge cummins is one thing. But that first video .... Wow I hope that's a prototype that is the starting point of r& d cause if not , if thats the final product , that's whack!

Comment

But with RB25DET you are limited by capacity, type of engine and compound charging is one way to work around it. Other option is RB30 bottomend which helps, but doesn't solve it fully. You still have the characteristic of a straight 6 engine, which is more mid to high hp and powerband remains the same, although alot earlier in rpm with RB30.

Another straight 6 bottomend Nissan have is in I think a Nissan Patrol, and it's a 4 litre straight 6 (P40) -

Not uncommon to get 1000hp out of them with massive turbo's -

Nissan patrol 1000HP !For info Contacnt me via:Facebook: Aaref AlaliInstagram: SMS570XWhatsapp: 00971503727779

Used in Nissan Patrol's that run up sides of mega dunes -

1000 hp tuned Nissan Patrol climbing Mega Dune in Dubai - see more at marathonrally.com

Nissan have straight 6 diesel engines up to 7.5 litre, but I think petrol went up to only 4 litre.

If wanted to make it simple and fix the above lack of bottomend, fit a bigger capacity VH45 Nissan V8 with turbocharger that can produce 483hp at only 7 psi -

VH45 nissan R32 skyline dyno tune figure was 360kw at wheels before dyno kept shutting down at 5000rpm this was on 7psi,tune is good for 10psi,excuse the cra...

Easy 11 sec car (fastest I know of that it ran was into 10's on 1/4 mile) -

just beating million horsepower supra ,did 11.45 personal best so far

When take into account it doesn't cost much to do, good bang for buck engine.

If can find a Infiniti M56 VK56VD V8 from crashed car, that can output up to around 420hp at engine without turbo (then add the turbo). The extra capacity helps to restore boost response at lower rpm, produce more torque, hp throughout powerband, especially down low with a V8.

It basically depends on if want to keep the RB25DET and mod it further. When mod the RB25DET it turns into a stock looking RB26DETT and might as well start with a RB26DETT. But you'll soon get bored of that, then want RB30. Then when bored of that, Nissan V8. Might as well start with a better base engine and work from there. If used to V8's, you'll soon get bored of a straight 6.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

with rb25det im running a gt35 .63 hot side and it hits 13psi at 3000rpm. made 486whp spools great power comes on hard. ive put a gt3076 on a friend rb25det and it spools faster but made 455whp at 20lbs, both drift cars.

Comment

Neatly packed , well engineered compound turbos are the bees knees. I'm not discounting that.
                      The dodge cummins is a straight 6 . ..6 ltr and I've seen those compound turbos work great.
                      I've see other well done compounds . And that one in the first video is not one of them.

And I've always wanted to see a m56 engine in a race car but it just seemed so large

I gotta pick up my wife ill finish writting this later sorry

Comment

Here it is! My new turbo, ct4 5562 billet, triple bb

Here's the old hks gt2535r vs the new ct4 5562

Comment

Good sized turbo right there.
                          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

I'm hoping its not to big, I need to find a manifold...

Comment

i decided not to upgrade my turbo but to change my a/r from 82. to 1.06 . anyone know how much power gain this would give me? new tune needed?
                              Last edited by trunks_phil; 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X