Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always need a tune

Comment

I would not recommend going to a 1.06 a/r. A better solution would get an appropriately sized turbo for your power levels

Comment

Turbo rebuilders know what works from experience and are the people to talk to.

To determine correct exhaust A/R for application, you need to test pressure before and after turbo exhaust housing at desired boost level. If get excessive pressure buildup before turbo at higher rpm, higher boost levels, then change exhaust housing A/R.

Bigger exhaust housing A/R should reduce transisent response, boost response (takes longer for turbo to reach fullboost). Another way (the way that is commonly used with hybrid stock turbo) to get more flow is to bore out the current exhaust housing (ask turbo rebuilder to machine housing for desired exhaust wheel) you have and fit a slightly larger exhaust wheel. It should flow more, but not affect response by much.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by BenOswald View Post
          I would not recommend going to a 1.06 a/r. A better solution would get an appropriately sized turbo for your power levels
          i;m trying to hit 500whp . lol wouldnt that bring me there on the gt35r?

Comment

nothing wrong with a straight 6. it's the perfect balance of weight and power. hence why all semi's run straight 6's instead of a v8(sans the power stroke). iam running a hx35 holset with the stock log manifold and iam happy so far.

Comment

Hi,

Got a HE351CW Holset on a RB25 in a S14. (Spools like a HX35, but push like the HX40)

I like the Holset , they are cheap, easy to rebuild, tough as hell and makes enough power to make you feel like a little kid.

On the down side they are not small and weight considerably (if you have a cheap manifold you better brace it). Also have to pay special attention to the exhaust housing size, I got the smaller 9cm, but a lot of them come with size in the 18 cm or 22cm size and that's just way to big for our small gas engine.

Not sure how much HP I'm going to make yet (will settle with what ever it makes at around 20 psi), just started the engine for the first time after the swap yesterday. This turbo is huge and pretty much the largest thing I could fit on the stock manifold. Short of grinding the comp housing and the exhaust manifold (or using a spacer), the only way it fitted was clocking it so the comp outlet comes out between the motor mount and the frame rail. lol

Will post HP\Torque figure when it's tuned.
              14 VW Jetta TDI
              05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
              95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
              95 240sx ( powered)
              89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Currently I have a stock turbo on my rb20 but with the rb25 I'm building I'll be running a BW s360

Comment

Working...
                X