Cranks but does not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranks but does not start

Ok, I have searched and the concensus seems to be the CAS is on it's way out but I would like the communities input also. The wife and I take a nice long drive yesterday, pull over at the supermarket. After shopping get into car and all it does is crank, not even a pop. I could hear fuel pump and fpr gauge shows pressure. Check under hood for anything loose, wait 15 min., try again, same. Call CAA to float it home. The young guy says try it again and to embarrassment it starts and runs perfect. I have had this for 5 years and never a glitch but I know things wear out. New fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, copper plugs, new z32 igniter, new injector harness. Any other ideas, I intend to bring some tools on my next ride and remove CAS if this happens again and see if it responds when turning shaft.
    sigpic

pull the cas and leave it plugged in, turn the ignition to "ON" and spin the cas. If you hear the injectors clicking the cas should be alright.

Another possibility would be the ignitor, they're known to work fine and then fail once hot. Maybe once your car cooled a bit, the ignitor came back to life.

check the basics:

Fuel, Spark, base timing.

good luck,
    Brent.

Comment

dont think cas is at fault here..

Comment

Last time I heard of the same problem in a carpark, it was the fuel pump on the way out or wiring problem to fuel pump.

Ignition module makes engine stall when driving after 10 minutes or so and once cool (10 minutes or more), can start engine and drive car again. It repeats after 10 minutes or maybe less if ignition module is still a bit hot.

CAS makes engine harder to start due to failed bearings x2. If CAS fully fails engine will turn over but not start and if started, might start to randomly stall due to the bearings (sometimes the electronic donut part, but very rare). Usually the bearing make a weird sound as well when CAS fails, so use mechanics stethoscope and listen to CAS when engine is running for bearing noise.
        Last edited by Skym; 05-28-2013, 03:48 PM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for responses, next drive I'll let everyone know if anything happens, I'me bringing tools.
          sigpic

Comment

Ok, a little update on my intermittant no start issue. I have checked TPS voltage and it was at .4V, I brought it up to .49V and even starting the car seems easier. Hopefully this solves problem. My mistake not checking this sooner.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X