Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the stock Valve Cover Breathers

Hi All,

I am looking to remove the stock press fit valve cover breathers with -10AN Valve Cover Press-In Fittings from raw brokerage. Is there any specific way to remove them other than just pulling on them. There is some baffling behind so pushing them out is not an option

does anyone have any tricks?
    Jordie Lewis
    1993 Skyline Type M

i wouldnt mind knowing this as well
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

I used a heat gun to warm it up a bit, then twisted with force and they popped out easy. When you're putting the press fittings in put the fittings in a freezer and apply heat to the valve cover, then give the fittings a tap with a rubber mallet to put them in.
      Sent from my C625a using Board Express

Comment

Thanks Dylan,

will try this out tonight
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

I just did mine put an extension in the hole parallel to the floor, wiggled it a bit while pulling up, and came out with very little effort. Then cut the bubble end from the end I had the extension in and sanded down the pipe a little just a couple mm. and stuck that end back in the hole. now I don't have any pipe pointing up anymore.

If your wondering, this was on a RB25.
          14 VW Jetta TDI
          05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
          95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
          95 240sx ( powered)
          89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Mine were completely seized in. Had to remove the plate inside (that holds the baffle in) and hammer on them with a drift from the inside. That didn't work so a brought out the air hammer which still had a hard time but eventually shot them out lol

Comment

Originally posted by sb119 View Post
              Mine were completely seized in. Had to remove the plate inside (that holds the baffle in) and hammer on them with a drift from the inside. That didn't work so a brought out the air hammer which still had a hard time but eventually shot them out lol
              how did you remove the baffles? and how did you reinstall them? because the come riveted on
              - Adam

:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Drill out the rivets. When reinstalling drill, tap and install small bolts or screws.

Comment

finally got around to doing this today. I drilled through the side of the Oem breathers, stuck a screwdriver through the hole and twisted them out. I added some WD40 as i was going to free them up a bit. Now to install my Raw Brokerage ones when them come in.
                  Jordie Lewis
                  1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

so simply pulling these out won't suffice?? wheres the youtube vid??

Comment

No Youtube Vid. Just twist them until they come loose. Add WD40 periodically to help free them up.

When i received my press in fittings from Raw Brokerage I put them in the freezer for the day while i was at work. Tapped them in with a socket and rubber mallet

End Result:

DSC_0028 by R32Jordie, on Flickr
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                      X