Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

r33 series 1 rb25det complete build! please help me out !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r33 series 1 rb25det complete build! please help me out !

so i blew up my turbo on my skyline so i figured i might as well build it so if you guys could just give me some pointers on what brands would be good and what are bad and what not just kinda set me on a good starting track id really appreciate it! i already have a full exhaust big fmic, and a bov.. my goal is going to be around 490-530rwhp so I'm thinking a header with a top mount, turbo I'm not sure of yet (suggestions)? throttle body (sizes/brand)? injectors thinking 1000cc (brand)? fuel pump not sure if a walbro 255 will work and I've heard good and bad about them, different intake (brand)? and defiantly considering the aem standalone 2 because if i ever decide to actually build the bottom end ill never need a new tuner.. I'm not sure what I'm going to need for head work so input on that would be great and if i missed anything please throw it in there, thanks guys! I'm pretty excited to do this even though the car is gonna sit till next summer at least

for that power you "should" do forges internals (balanced bottom end, new oil pump/collar, forges rods, pistons), upgrade head gasket and head bolts. maybe some head work... valve collars, etc etc

that power aint going to be cheap...
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

welllll aware its not gonna be cheap and yeah i forgot the oil pump but I've heard the bottom ends are safe to 500rwhp but a oil pump is also gonna be done i forgot to list that

Comment

ya but i would suggest the collar none the less... would you rather spend the extra bit now and get it down, versus risking it and the collar messing up and now you have another complete rebuild to do cuz of starvation? better to spend the extra little bit now and get it done
        Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

thats a very good point, thanks for the input!

Comment

You will need a lot more than what's listed above to reach that power goal, do you have any previous engine building experience?

Comment

Originally posted by BenOswald View Post
              You will need a lot more than what's listed above to reach that power goal, do you have any previous engine building experience?
              Not true
              I've run 20psi for 3 years, for over 40, 000km and make more power than some built motors
              Its all in the tune. I owe my cars success to my tuner, after 3 years my compeession is still 165-170 across the board.
              That being said, its a daily, not a track car.
              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

So you are running, stock intake manifold, stock maf, stock coil packs, stock clutch, stock flywheel, stock cams, stock timing belt, one 255lph walbro, no oil restrictiors with a N1 pump, stock rad, stock harmonic balancer, stock head gasket, stock head studs, mains and rod studs, stock port on the head and make 500+wheel horsepower reliably? That's nutty. What dyno was that on?

Comment

well i have a stage 3 act clutch, and splitfire coils but i will be changing the intake manifold and cams and maf with a different oil pump but i don't know what i have to do to the heads, which is why i asked and what other things i have to do like the timing belt, harmonic balancer etc thats why I'm asking for help as I'm not as experienced with imports just diesels..

Comment

In my experience, to get power like that reliably it will be a full build. Rb's are notoriously bad for oiling issues, so that should be of main concern for you. Building the head will unlock mad amounts of power for you aswell. Port and polish, Valve job, valves, springs, retainers and cams will work wonders, but were talking high dollar here. What is your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by enOswald View Post
                      So you are running, stock intake manifold, stock maf, stock coil packs, stock clutch, stock flywheel, stock cams, stock timing belt, one 255lph walbro, no oil restrictiors with a N1 pump, stock rad, stock harmonic balancer, stock head gasket, stock head studs, mains and rod studs, stock port on the head and make 500+wheel horsepower reliably? That's nutty. What dyno was that on?
                      Greddy style IM, no mafs power fc MAP, stock coils and ignition, competition clutch ironman clutch and flywheel, bone stock head with oem timing belt, bosch 044 fuel pump, saard reg, stock balancer and gaskets, studs and bolts, no port or polish. STEC top mount with holset hx40, 4" stainless straight pipe from turbo back. 420rwhp @ 15psi. 492rwhp at 20psi. I have driven the car with this set up for over 3 years and 40,000km. I daily it so its not like the revs are hangin around redline all the time. Im sure for a track car a better oil pump is required but there are plenty of stock long blocks with pistons and pumps runnin reliable.
                      RIPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iXk...e_gdata_player
                      MY DYNO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Y6...e_gdata_player
                      STREET: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Im...e_gdata_player
                      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

uh my budget it probably 14000$

Comment

Working...
                        X