Clear All

• anyone good at autobody?

it'll buff out

seriously tho

...... she still drives straight as an arrow. but still. fml

Holy! what happened?!?!
    Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
    1992 GTST RB25DET
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
    Originally posted by Bravo
    PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
    I'm sorry,
    Good luck!

Comment

Well I was doing some mad skids in a residential area going about 150-160 when I hit a wet spot and smashed into a cement retaining wall.

jokes...... I was making a left turn into a side street, and misjudged the oncoming persons speed. boom.

Comment

wow, that looks like totaled territory!! ****, sorry man!!

Comment

anything can be fixed with time & money, the question is, is it worth it

Comment

no its not. your looking at a minimum $3500 for an average job
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Looks like frame damage. And you are going to have to get a whole new rear section of a gts sedan . And those aren't really just that plentiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Adler View Post
                anything can be fixed with time & money, the question is, is it worth it
                If you farm out all the work....no. If you put her on a frame rack and straighten the frame back out and carve off the quarter on your own, you could fix it for as little as $2000. But that requires tools and skills. If you find a good quarter somewhere you can bond it on with no welding required as long as you are carefull pulling off the old quarter. Modern adhesives are stronger than spot welds. You can even put on the primer with a roller to prep the area for final sanding before paint. The only time you need a paint booth is for final painting, and even that can be done in your garage. A final rubout will make it look better than a booth job.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Could honestly care less about the frame in that section, so long as I have a panel to cover it up. Like I said the car drives fine and the gas tank is untouched. I know a bodyman that could do it for about a grand if I get a new panel from a parts car or shell.

Comment

found a widebody kit for 350 + shipping. will I risk damaging anything if I take a cutting wheel to the panel? paint is starting to flake off and rust so yea

Comment

You'll need to peel off your old quarter panel. Your inner and rear panel looks like it needs a pull and the frame looks to be very minor. Get the skin peeled off and throw it up on the bench. It can add up fast if you aren't doing to work or know anyone to do it cheap or under the table. Your wide body will most likely not go up the full quarter to far when cuttin off so be careful. Bodywork is much much harder then it looks or tv show make it out to be.

Comment

I'm glad I sold it to a good owner

Comment

Working...
                        X