Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-Priced Exhaust Manifolds and Intake Plenums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Priced Exhaust Manifolds and Intake Plenums?

Ive been looking for a reasonably priced intake manifold and exhaust manifold for by Rb25 build. From what I've seen there's the eBay junk starting from $199 and the top-of-the-line stuff around $2000. Not much in between until i found out about these 2 companies after searching online.

Nozzs - The Ultimate Intake Innovation - Located in Thailand
    They build aluminum side plenums that they claim are race proven, hold 3 bar of boost and capable of +700hp
    The price is $640 but I emailed them about leaving the intake raw intead of polished and they said $590 plus the $150 to ship to Canada. Total: $740
    http://nozzs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&prduct s_id=14

Hybrid Performance - Located in New Zealand
    We know New Zealand is big into RB's so this company has aleady peaked my interest.
    They offer top mount exhaust manifolds fabricated to order with choice of wastegate flange size, right around the $400 NZD range ($365 CAD) plus $200 NZD shipping to Canada. Total: $547 CAD
    http://www.hybridperformance.co.nz/h...?id_product=72

What do you guys think about these? Any input would be considered. Has anyone had experience with these guys??
    Last edited by Rush; 01-25-2014, 04:35 PM.

Look at design, materials used, welding (type of welding stick they used), flanges being straight. That's usually the difference between good and bad intake plenums.

Good design looks like this -

The throttle body is aimed at middle of plenum (runners) and shape of plenum by the 5th, 6th runners is shaped correctly for even flow (even as it can be) into each runner. Normally you would have a ECU with individual cylinder fuel, ignition trim (LINK ECU, Motec, etc) for those types of front facing intake plenums, so can run it optimally for each cylinder (get more hp from engine).
    Last edited by Skym; 01-25-2014, 05:14 PM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Ks racing in thailand !!

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
        Look at design, materials used, welding (type of welding stick they used), flanges being straight. That's usually the difference between good and bad intake plenums.

Good design looks like this -

The throttle body is aimed at middle of plenum (runners) and shape of plenum by the 5th, 6th runners is shaped correctly for even flow (even as it can be) into each runner. Normally you would have a ECU with individual cylinder fuel, ignition trim (LINK ECU, Motec, etc) for those types of front facing intake plenums, so can run it optimally for each cylinder (get more hp from engine).

That one looks almost identical to the one i posted. They're even both from Thailand. Your plenum has, what i assume, are water hoses along the bottom. Is this something you recommend I include or can stock lines be reused? And, correct me if I'm wrong, that rb20det manifold can be used on the rb25det as well with no modifications correct?

Comment

I just receive my hybrid performance manifold and it looks really good ! The weld and the interior of the runner are really clean! The flange he uses are really solid. Its a bit heavy but it looks and feel really solid! He doesnt use shitty t304 or i dont know what other metal that ebay seller uses. Its Way better than a cx racing from ebay. It took 5 week or so to receive it but kam( owner ) build each manifold and take is time.! I read good review for him on SAU! Imo its the best option for a non 1000+ manifold

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk
          Last edited by frankydodo; 01-26-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Great! Thanks Frankydodo. I'll probably pull the trigger on this one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
              Ive been looking for a reasonably priced intake manifold and exhaust manifold for by Rb25 build. From what I've seen there's the eBay junk starting from $199 and the top-of-the-line stuff around $2000. Not much in between until i found out about these 2 companies after searching online.

Nozzs - The Ultimate Intake Innovation - Located in Thailand
              They build aluminum side plenums that they claim are race proven, hold 3 bar of boost and capable of +700hp
              The price is $640 but I emailed them about leaving the intake raw intead of polished and they said $590 plus the $150 to ship to Canada. Total: $740
              http://nozzs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&prduct s_id=14

Hybrid Performance - Located in New Zealand
              We know New Zealand is big into RB's so this company has aleady peaked my interest.
              They offer top mount exhaust manifolds fabricated to order with choice of wastegate flange size, right around the $400 NZD range ($365 CAD) plus $200 NZD shipping to Canada. Total: $547 CAD
              http://www.hybridperformance.co.nz/h...?id_product=72

What do you guys think about these? Any input would be considered. Has anyone had experience with these guys??

can you take some pictures of the inside of the plenum and post?
              thx
              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

I don't have it. But it has velocity stacks inside

Comment

That one looks almost identical to the one i posted. They're even both from Thailand. Your plenum has, what i assume, are water hoses along the bottom. Is this something you recommend I include or can stock lines be reused? And, correct me if I'm wrong, that rb20det manifold can be used on the rb25det as well with no modifications correct?
                  I think you'll find the lower part of stock intake plenum has the same coolant hose setup.

Flange, runner diameter (smaller) are different on RB20DET intake plenum.

Better to get a custom CNC'd adaptor plate made up and fit a stock GTR intake plenum + throttlebodies (bolts on with adaptor plate). Can fit JUN or similar intake plenum design if aiming for over 1000hp with a big turbo.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Man, I would honestly love an rb26 intake with itbs. Is it really as simple as running an adapter plate? From what I hear it's a complicated swap.

Comment

Depends on how you do it.

Here's a complicated version of the mod on a RB25DET -

This is a simple version on a RB20DET with adaptor plate between head, throttle bodies -

手持ちのチタンマフラーの音が気に入らなかったのでサブマフラーを除去してみました。動画だと悪くない気もしますが実際はGT1.0Zのステンのほうが音は良いです・・・やはり材質よりタイコ等の構造のほうが大事なようで。

Then there's throttle cable (GTR or maybe stock SR20DET throttle cable might work), intake piping, intake hose joiners, clamps, etc.
                      Last edited by Skym; 01-29-2014, 12:13 AM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I don't have it. But it has velocity stacks inside

Who did you go thru to order it?
                        R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                        Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Ive got a HKS cast iron manifold that looks and mounts amazing, but wont work on my LHD car. I had to go with a top mount tubular manifold. This thing needs to be put on a RHD chassis. -_-

Comment

Working...
                          X