Clutch options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch options

Hey guys, wondering if you could give me suggestions on which clutch I should run on my r34 rb25 neo. Im pretty sure its a pull style (slave cylinder pushes towards front of car). Im looking for 400whp and it will be a daily driven car, so I dont want it real heavy feeling. But would like it to grab hard. Im not sure if to keep the pull or convert to push.
    If you guys have any suggestions on what your running would be sweet. Or if anyones selling used I might be interested as well
    Thanks!

I went with spec stage 2+ on my gtst. Good up to 600ft.lb. http://www.specclutch.com/products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool thanks, how firm was the pedal and did it grab hard?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a twin giken (for sale btw) that feels AWESOME! Everyone can agree that a ts2cd (or bd, pretty much the same) feels like oem but can take a beating!
        My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
          i have a twin giken (for sale btw) that feels AWESOME! Everyone can agree that a ts2cd (or bd, pretty much the same) feels like oem but can take a beating!
          I'd love to buy a twin plate if I can find one used for the right price...how much are you look for your os giken Fred-R? Also is it pull style?

Comment

all os giken clutches are push type... theres a conversion kit on nengun...

Comment

Grabs nice and smooth and hard when you want it too. Pedal just a touch on the heavy side but which new pressure plate isn't...

Comment

I did not know that thanks Fred-R! Fair enough 99_SI...if you guys were doing the conversion would you piece to together (rb26 bell housing, z32 front plate/ pivot ball etc...)?? Or just buy the os giken conversion?
                Do you think I could save a couple bucks on peiceing one together?

Comment

Totally misread your first post man....If it was me I wouldn't fix what ain't broke....get an uprated pull clutch and a light flywheel. Your good to go....IMO conversion+decent dual plate will not save you money

Comment

Cool I appreciate your input 99_SI maybe I will just keep the pull setup. Whats the main advantage of having a 2 or 3 discs over just a single? Obviously it would be rated for higher torque but whats thw big deal? Are they able to last longer and take the abuse? Just curious

Comment

yeah, a multiplate clutch can take more abuse and they re usually less ''on/off'' clutch... smoother (at least os giken twin) feeling...

Comment

Ah gotcha thanks Fred-R! would you go with a sprung or unsprung disc?

Comment

def sprung type...

Comment

Working...
                          X