Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 GTS-T plans

Hello,

Last summer I replaced the stock RB20 turbo with a RB25 turbo. It takes a much higher RPM to get maximum boost, which is still lower than the max was with the RB20. What action should I take to get the most out of the new setup?

Once the roads here in Edmonton are clear of ice/snow the plan is to upgrade the suspension. Any brands that should be avoided?

Without sinking a ton of money into the engine, you are limited on options with a 25 turbo (keep in mind it still has a ceramic wheel) You likely won't be able to make it spool any faster, displacement is a limiting factor for an RB20. Are you looking for more power? less lag? For suspension, I had great quality from Driftworks brand, haven't really heard too much bad stuff about everything else, but IMO those are just about the best you can get for a skyline. Stay away from chinese/no-name suspension.
    Last edited by R32-90; 02-24-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Did you keep the rb20 actuator on rb25 turbo? It open at roughly 12 psi and rb25 is 7-8 i think. But honestly i did that "upgrade" on my first skyline and i thinks its not worth at allm there are much better option for a fair price.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I am mostly looking for less lag, I'm happy with the current power out put. I do not know if the original actuator was kept for the rb25 turbo. The original rb20 turbo self destructed so the shop dealt with the replacement.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
        X