X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery?

Hi guys,
    The battery on my r32 gtst is toast,
    I've been doing some research, and have pretty much come to a conclusion of wanting a optima yellow top, or odyssey pc680.
    Now my question here is, has any one used a pc680 in a skyline before? I want to relocate the battery to trunk to clean up my engine bay and to better distribute the weight. Is it a bad idea to run that much wire with a small battery in the trunk?.

I'm running a double din, 2 speakers, and a couple gauges.

Thanks in advance
    Ahraz

Hi, i use the Odyssey pc680 in my gtr. The cracking start is ok but with with all eletronic in the car,abs module,ecu,fuel pump,attessa and etc the battery is barely keep up with all juice the car want. This year i relocate battery in trunk with bigger one.

Comment

If your putting the battery in the trunk might as well get a optima.
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

why spend the big bucks on a tiny battery if youre going to put it in the trunk?
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

big battery is cool.. but alternator is even more important.
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

i dont have abs, hicas, ac.

well, its not big bucks, cuz the odyssey is only 115$ here. were as the yellow top is 200 something.
            and i know that if i put the battery in the trunk it is offsetting the weight distribution which is what im after. But if i move a small weight its still decreasing weight in front, and adding a small bit to the weight over the rear axles. im not sure if I gain a better advantage relocating a heavier weight, as opposed to a lighter weight??

Comment

Working...
            X