X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFC Maps

Hey guys

Is anyone sharing PFC maps around here?

Im looking for a rb25 ~367kw map to start tuning with.. Currently limping around on the base map.. I havent found a ton of suitable maps on the Datalogit group yet..

What's a kw? You've been on the Aus site too much...lol.

You need to be far more chatty about your setup......everything. The base map is actually quite good, the timing map is just to aggressive for fuel of less than 96pon octane. Back off the ign about 4-6 deg in the upper rpm range on boost and you have a good place to start. In the end though, you really need to do propper tune either yourself or with the help of a shop.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I probably have been using the aussie site too much.. haha 367kw is 500hp..

The main aspects of my setup are:
      Pte 5431e Turbo (claimed to make 500hp but we'll see)
      850cc injectors
      340lph pump
      Fmic
      PFC D-jetro
      3" i/c pipe & 3" exhaust
      Chinabay knockoff manifolds
      Wideband o2
      Splitfire coils/ bcpr6es plugs

OEM internals

I've got a dyno guy lined up and waiting, but the more I get done on my own, the faster and better he can finish the job.

The only part Im still researching is what a good starting point is for full boost fuel corrections. I obviously cant go WOT on the base map (logging and reviewing from there to determine where to start) as it will turn the pistons to swiss cheese. So Ive got to add a safe amount of fuel in the boost range before I log a run and trim fuel off from there.. Any advice?

Comment

BTW, Im tuning, for now, on 93RON. So we'll see if I reach 500 with the max efficiency of this turbo

Comment

I think you mean 93pon fuel....but thats nitpicky. Some will poopoo this but if you want to get in the balpark with no issues then buy a 5 gallon can of 100 VP unleaded and reduce the timing like I said and do all the fueling yourself with the wide band. Enter in the size compansation with the correct dead time and start playing. The 100 octane will keep you out of trouble and you should do lots of 4th gear pulls to really load the motor.

You have more than enough fuel to do 500hp, the turbo will be blowing hot but you should be able to throw down 450whp on an un grumpy dyno.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Yes, sorry, I meant 93pon. I also understand the poopoo on 93 lol. Its whats practical though for a daily driver.

Thanks for the advice, its very helpful.

Comment

Hey, if 93 is all you got then thats fine. The VP100 is for tuning so that if you make a serious booboo then you wont fry the pistons. Once you have the fueling worked out then you can drain the 100 put in a load of 93 and start on the ign. curve. If you want to beleive the Ausies then the timing reduction I suggested should be good for their 91pon (they rate it at 98 ron). With 93 you should be more than safe.

Jon.

Comment

You can't really adjust the tune without seeing how it affect's the torque curve, power curve (need a dyno).

I wouldn't touch the maps, as the tuner will have to reset to factory setting, redo them.

If want to learn ECU tuning, there are courses in the US for enthusiast's -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                X