General boost question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General boost question

Now I know there not the best thing to use, but when installing a manual boost controller for the first time what should you set it to for the first time? Like should I close the valve all the way and count the clicks to increase boost?

Any thoughts?

That's exactly what you. Have it wide open and close to increase boost. Small increments at a time.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

So when I install it should I have totally closed? Then work my way up from there? I just don't wanna throw it in and have it wide open and blow something up lol

Comment

Wide open will hold less boost because it dumps sooner. Just how you look at it. Put it on lowest boost and adjust accordingly.

Comment

have the valve completely OPEN... then slowly close till you hit the boost level you want...

i hope you have some sort of management, because you cant do a large increase in boost without a tune and adjusting fuel and timing to suit....

Comment

Gotcha! Such a simple concept, just the way you look at it for sure.

Yes of course I've upgraded the injectors and fuel pump. And just got had a nistune done.

I'm not even sure I'm gunna keep the boost controller in, just wanted to see how well it works.

Comment

depends on the boost controller, some are good some are well ****... but the same can be said about electrical boost controls... some are good some are ****...

all depends on what you want... if you want the same boost levels all the time, then manual is the way to go. if you want to have a low boost and a high boost setting (with tune to suit) then electrical is what you want to be able to switch on the fly.

Comment

Electronic usually has overboost protection via using a inbuilt map sensor into actuator or headunit of boost controller.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                X