Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help choosing a clutch...I'm confused!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing a clutch...I'm confused!

Hi,

I've got a 93 GTS-T rb25det and my oem clutch is dying fast! My sky is lightly modified.. around 290hp. I want an oem pedal feel but can take a beating and a smooth engagement...

Is ACT any good or maybe spec, competion clutch, exedy, nismo? Also, were do you suggest buying? I leaning towards ACT or maybe even an Exedy hyper single...

thanks

i was told the best clutch would be a nismo.. a single plate should do. or if you want to be sure. go twin.

We usually recommend going twin plate on a GTR when we hit about 350-400whp. yours has 100whp less and less torque too so the single nismo should be perfectly fine.
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

i agree with cobraa, go single. And nismo would be a good option. But you never what your future goals are gonna be... Do you want more power in the next couple years..? maybe upgrading to a twin would b a better idea...
      My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Thanks! Any idea were to find one?

Comment

My goals are pretty modest...Sure I will upgrade my turbo eventually but my goal is around 400-450 hp in maybe 2-3 years. That's it.

Comment

nismo twin. stock feel. hi power

Comment

I went with Spec 2+ for my r33 gtst...smooth when you want and bite when you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a ACT 6 puck with heavy duty pressure plate and its the best thing I have bought for my car so far. I love it!
                My R32 GTS-T 'Swagger Wagon' Build : http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/63889-jareds-swagger-wagon-90-r32-gts-t-rb20-build.html

Comment

I have a nismo copper mix(single disc, not sure the actual name). It feels great so far however i haven't been able to drive alot as the car isn't finished. Never drove with stock but it feels great, almost the same as my sentra clutch =\. Suppose to be good to 420hp according to the online manual

Comment

Originally posted by JayRod View Post
                    I have a ACT 6 puck with heavy duty pressure plate and its the best thing I have bought for my car so far. I love it!
                    I second this

Comment

dual disc like the nismo is best, i strongly discourage single disc with high pressure plate clamping force, this puts excessive wear on the crankshaft thrust bearing especially in a daily application.

the nismo twin disc retains similar clamping force but due to the dual discs you have a large clamping area.

Comment

Don't mean to high jack thread,
                        But I'm in the same boat, shooting for 450hp withing the next 2 years and also want a clutch that won't break the bank.
                        Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
                          Don't mean to high jack thread,
                          But I'm in the same boat, shooting for 450hp withing the next 2 years and also want a clutch that won't break the bank.

I always race with AP racing Clutches but have had great results with ACT on street cars. I've had very poor results with Bully and Spec so I would avoid them(Stay the hell away from Bully)

I just ordered a Heavy duty pressure plate with 6 puck with sprung marcel for $400US from ACT. Good for 525ft/lbs of torque. The spring marcel will be easy on the gearbox input splines. There will be a small amount of chatter but I"ll make it work.
                          勝つためには、澄んだ目と強い心を持っている必要があります

Comment

Working...
                          X