No announcement yet.

89' GTS Body Parts, OEM or Aftermarket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89' GTS Body Parts, OEM or Aftermarket?

So…had an unfortunate accident last saturday, I was sitting/stopped at a red light and was rear ended pushing me into a truck in front of me. Insurance from the driver that hit me is covering both cars, mine and the one I hit. Still waiting on a final quote from the insurance adjuster but it should not be totaled, current estimate is $7000 but still waiting on pricing on a few parts.
    With that being said, I'll need both bumpers, trunk and hood. And what I'm currently trying to decide on is do I go OEM bumpers, obviously do a GTR bumper, or find something after market? Also with that being said, where is the best place in north america to find body parts. I've found some places that have aftermarket kits like Origin Lab and VIS but not sure how good a quality they are, guessing not very with how much they cost.
    So just trying to get some thoughts and suggestions or experiences from people as I have a little bit of time to decide which route would be best? Note my skyline is not my daily driver and I do have aggressive enough wheels to go with an aftermarket kit.

Factory bumper is made of plastic and is usually alot stronger than the fibreglass, etc aftermarket bodykits if hit curb by accident. There are aftermarket bodykits that flex if hit a curb, search online.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Like Skym said get eurothane kit if you do not fiberglass.
      If you can't find I have a rear bumper for Gtr. I believe they are same(maybe Gtr is wider though). I assume since insurance is covering it though you'll be going new. Nissan might be able to get all parts for you from japan, in a thread a little while back someone mentioned they were still making all n1 parts just had to wait for next time they were being molded. Worth looking into. As for not aggressive enough wheels, you can always look into some new ones or even just some wheel spacers if you're worried about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
        Factory bumper is made of plastic and is usually alot stronger than the fibreglass, etc aftermarket bodykits if hit curb by accident. There are aftermarket bodykits that flex if hit a curb, search online.
        I've been searching and haven't had much luck, most don't even list what they are made of and best I can find is FRP construction. That's why I'm kinda looking for people that have had experience with any companies. The UK has a lot of options but no idea what they use for construction but I'm assuming fiberglass

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
        Like Skym said get eurothane kit if you do not fiberglass.
        If you can't find I have a rear bumper for Gtr. I believe they are same(maybe Gtr is wider though). I assume since insurance is covering it though you'll be going new. Nissan might be able to get all parts for you from japan, in a thread a little while back someone mentioned they were still making all n1 parts just had to wait for next time they were being molded. Worth looking into. As for not aggressive enough wheels, you can always look into some new ones or even just some wheel spacers if you're worried about that.
        From what I've seen the rear bumper is the same and yeah, I've found someone selling the N1 parts..out of stock with 4-8 weeks for delivery listed. But I do have aggressive enough wheels for an after market kit.

Comment

I'm fairly certain most of knight racer is eurothane. You can always email them.

Comment

Looks like Knight Racer's are FRP, finally found something on their website that but I did email them too. Thinking about the DMAX bumpers

Comment

Would the front of the gtr500 conversion kit fit on my 4 door 89 skyline r32?

Comment

Working...
              X