Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP! Hydraulic lifters

Hey guys,

Cleaned my hydraulic lifters, after bleeding them and putting them back together... I lubed the sides where the piston slides into but for the life of me I cannot get them in all the way. They only go a very little passed the lip of the casing, how far are these supposed to go in, I think they need to go further than they are but maybe someone can tell me.. here is a pic of what I mean

When I pressed down on it I heard a click but I need to make sure I have these 100% right or I might **** something up putting the valve train back together.

I just know there were a lot lower than this when I took them apart.

bump anyone done this? I really want to put the rest of them together but I'm not going to until I know for sure this is how they are supposed to go together or they need to be pushed in more?

Thaaaaanks

Comment

ANYONE!??!?!?!? Would LOVE to put car back together today... or at least start...

nobody has cleaned their hydraulic lifters on here? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Hi
        The piston need to move a little....if is hard as rock dont install it. The piston need to move freely before you install it and pre blend in bucket with enough oil to submerge completely

Comment

Hmm it was hard as a rock and already installed them because I didn't have an answer for almost two days haha.. I just find it hard to believe all 24 lifters were ******? they all were hard as a rock? And I did pre-bleed them with oil and got all the air out...

Comment

Its better if they are hard as a rock. If they are super loose they are worn and wont hold the oil very well....

Comment

Working...
            X