What is this!? Coil pack issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this!? Coil pack issue?

Was doing a once over before I go for a cruise in a couple days and when I go to check the spark plugs I notice on cylinder #3 the coil pack boot is covered in white dust, and in where the spark plug sits is rusty. Obviously mositure has got in. Anyone else experience this?

Can you take a picture for us ? also take a picture of the surrounding areas in the valley there

Comment

What is this!? Coil pack issue?

Water. Someone most likely washed the engine before you and water got in the plug wells. White dust is dried up water that most likely had a detergent in it like engine shampoo. Did a 25 swap 2 weeks ago and the replacement engine from the importer had the same thing. 4 out of 6 coils were garbage and corroded. I recommend to pull all coils and soak the wells with rust remover or similar. I used Krown's "The solution". Let sit overnight and soak up with rags, blow out with air or suck out with a syringe. Inspect your coils for corrosion inside the boot...most likely the springs are rotten. Change the spark plugs as required. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X