Go_n_low88's RB20DET Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah silly string exhaust huh.. lol
    Man, well you've made me excited to mod up this winter.. The only difference is i'm going to GTR injectors and making a custom 3" down pipe and screamer (direct to atmosphere) turbo dump, straight back to meet my 3.5" HKS super dragger.

Very cool man.. Looking forward to seeing more progress! Keep it up!
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Mind snapping a few 'under the hood' pics?? I'd like to see your FMIC setup
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Go_n_low88, not familiar with that brand of dyno. Wouldn't have a clue how that compares to a Hub Dyno hp wise.

Going by that dyno, your RB20DET currently has roughly 347hp at engine. With Tomei Poncams (if stock valve springs haven't done high km) + retune, that's roughly another 24hp or 371hp (at engine or roughly 300whp) at the same boost level.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I would calculate approx 15% loss in drivetrain, so maybe 325hp at engine

Originally posted by Skym View Post
          Go_n_low88, not familiar with that brand of dyno. Wouldn't have a clue how that compares to a Hub Dyno hp wise.

Going by that dyno, your RB20DET currently has roughly 347hp at engine. With Tomei Poncams (if stock valve springs haven't done high km) + retune, that's roughly another 24hp or 371hp (at engine or roughly 300whp) at the same boost level.

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but on most dyno's, 190rwkw or x by 1.341 to get 254.79rwhp is roughly 320hp at engine. There's roughly a 48kw x 1.341 = 64.368hp loss with manual transmission. At least that's what I have worked out when looking at factory figures at engine via factory supplied dynochart (I think is from a catalogue) vs factory figures at rear wheels on dynochart on my car when stock. Every car is slightly different, so rwkw (x by 1.341 to get rwhp) can vary by 10kw from highest output to lowest output from factory.

Between manual and auto transmission, there's roughly a 16kw at wheels difference at peak hp which some have noticed after doing manual conversions. Auto transmission is roughly 64kw loss and manual transmission is roughly 48kw loss to wheels.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Nice numbers, get a gt30 or something bigger. I have 340whp with the rb20 and its pure pleasure for a lil gts.

Comment

Working...
              X