Starting the rb25 build on my r32/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the rb25 build on my r32/4

As of right now I have recently got a shop that is ready to be worked in. In a couple of days I will be completely stripping the engine bay from what I dont need and that will include the rb20 that currently sits in there. I am going to be posting what will be happenning to the car over the winter so that everyone can provide feedback and possibly make some suggestions on where I should go with the car or maybe some of the small details I'm missing. Here are some of the things that i have for it or that are already in it:

-S2 R33 Rb25
    -S2 Rb25 transmission
    -custom driveshaft
    -Work Emotion XD9 Rims in White
    17x 9.0 + 17 offset(in front)
    18x 10.0 +18 offset (in rear)
    -Newish brakes from AMS( roughly 2k on them)
    -Tein RA Adjustable coilovers in immaculate condition
    -Greddy Front mount intercooler capable up to 500hp
    -N1 Water Pump
    -Aluminum Rad
    -Nismo Thermostat
    -ACT Clutch and flywheel(new)
    -Yellow Jacket coilpacks
    -Blitz Blow off valve
    -Blitz Intake
    -Rb25 Power Fc (new)
    -Top mount manifold
    -T3 Top mount turbo (T70)
    -Gtr 444cc injectors with gtr fuel rail
    -Arp head studs
    -Tomei head gasket
    -Greddy Intake plenum
    -Rb26 Valve covers with nur spec center plate
    -Tomei oil cap
    -Greddy shift knob
    -Red and black boots
    -Pioneer Deck
    -Brand new JL audio speakers all around
    -Greddy timing belt
    -R33 GTR steering Wheel
    -R32/4 bee*r kit conversion

I plan to add other little cool things like some more suspension components from either bings or even ams. I want to add a bee r rev limiter, and also go straight pipe.

Now this year I will be painting the car once again as I will be finishing my kit and will need to repaint re quarters and repaint the fixed front bumper from a little damage. Any suggestions on colors?

Anyways stay tuned for pics and watch the progress. I am motivated and do like to get things accomplished.

Thanks chris
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Originally posted by cschepp
    -Rb25 Power Fc (new)
    I'm curious as to your choice on the PowerFC, just trying to see why other 25 owners choose this. I figured the cost of the FC, datalogit, z32 afm, and the boost control kit was past the price of a Haltech pnp, or the Vipec. And at the end of the whole deal your stuck with the AFM.

Thoughts? Sorry if this is off topic just curious.

Comment

Zach we can't be friends anymore since you just typed Vipec.

I agree the power fc is an expensive course for its age but it does still work very well and easily.

Comment

nooo , i dont understand why the power FC? is practically so old it can be considered dead technology .
        on the cheaper end u can go with a rom tune . or do it up and run a haltech sooo much better.
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I went with the power fc and got it brand new and in the box with controller never even opened(well itleast to my knowledge) just got it today actually. I only paid 800usd for it. So i got a hell of a deal. Also The power fc has mny options and is easy to get tuned around my area, it will also work hand in hand with my build seeming as I will be putting in my series 2 motor it will work out just great. For thows of you out there that are considering getting a power fc I say yes to it all the way. I have never seen any bad or negative comments about it. Well ya the fact thats its expensive but thats about it.

Oh and zacho no worries man it's not really off topic, i asked for all opinions. Every opinion is appreciated...

Comment

lol... PowerFC is juuuust fine.

Made over 700 crank HP on one... with MAFS..

suck it everyone.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
              Zach we can't be friends anymore since you just typed Vipec.

I agree the power fc is an expensive course for its age but it does still work very well and easily.
              What, you'd rather I run an AEM that will never work right? Your going to hate me more since I have one LOL

Falcon -> not so much HP limit or anything...nothing persay "wrong" with maf just a pain, and ugly.

cschepp -> For 800 US that is a great deal. And you are right, support for the PFC is endless. post pictachurs of the car. When you say a t70 top mount are you getting the master power T70?

Comment

yes sir that is correct as far as the turbo. Power fc is just awesome

Comment

I wanna see this develop.

I think you should go for bigger injectors
                  DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Me too i have already contacted adam @ feast about it. With the items i am still going to be adding to list i imagine this will be quite a nice car once i am finished.

For thows interested, I will take as many pics as i can. I am a very busy person and dont have as much access to a camera as many others. I will do my best to keep everyone posted though. Many of my parts are still rolling in from every direction and it's like christmas everyday.

If anyone has any suggestions on what i should do differently or possibly advice on how to do things easier please do let me know.

I will be posting pics soon of the engine pull.

Thanks,
                    Chris

Comment

I got power fc in my r32 gts, its got an rb25 tho
                      sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                      ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Ya i'm actually tossing in a series 2 r33 rb25 motor. Should be fun.

As for the details.... I went out to the shop tonight and snapped some pics of the engine. it was my buddies camera so i will wait until he sends them to me

Comment

ok I have some pics for everyone and they are on the computer. I am sick and tired of posting them through photo bucket though. can someone try and explain to me how to post them without doing that.

Comment

I think the only way to really do it is become a premium member so you can upload pictures/attachments to your post so they don't have to be hosted. But that's just my guess....
                            DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

I wanna see pictures lol

just post a few till you figure it out

I just upload them to photobucket. Make a folder for skyline.

Select all photos, then click generate codes for all photos, in the bottom right.

Works for me
                              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Working...
                              X