Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frankiman
    replied
    Originally posted by M13 View Post
    are you an idiot like me and leave stereo cranking with heaters on in ignition while waiting in parking lots?
    nope, i'm a douch for keeping the car running, lol

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    haha, i did, mine weighs 13lbs, starts the car no problem
    are you an idiot like me and leave stereo cranking with heaters on in ignition while waiting in parking lots?

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    Couldn't justify saving 20 lbs on battery for a street car.
    haha, i did, mine weighs 13lbs, starts the car no problem

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    my stock one weighed 38lbs. My new red top weighs 31lbs.

Plus, my battery has been relocated to the trunk, so weight balance is better and I like having a piece of mind that I can just start the car anywhere in any conditions. Couldn't justify saving 20 lbs on battery for a street car.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Hmm maybe mines not stock..? It's about the size of a motorcycle battery and weighs about a quarter the weight

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    The redtop I have weighs less than the stock battery....

and cranks all the time with a pint of awesome.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
    yo walmart ftw, optima redtop for $129!

also, don't forget everyone! mark uses laxitives every morning to keep the weight down, the day we went to the track im pretty sure i saw this guy drinking from a bottle of Helium to lighten his load! LOL...jks

PS anyone ever put helium in their tires? hahah....

LOL I actually laughed outloud that was epic
    ... I also lightened my "load" in another way a few times that morning.. Even during to stay efficient. HA

That was an expensive day, those damn bottles were expensive to refill.. lol

This was a rather interesting read;

It's a rather good point though; the most efficient mass that can be removed from a vehicle is that of a body.. if you can lighten your own load, you're lightening the load of your car..

... on that note, gotta run to the sh*tter, Metamucil's kicking in.

Tyler and i have a secret bathroom in the PY building - great for unloading that morning demon

Edit; f*ck your redtop! Heavy piece o crap!
    Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• archaeic_bloke
    replied
    yo walmart ftw, optima redtop for $129!

also, don't forget everyone! mark uses laxitives every morning to keep the weight down, the day we went to the track im pretty sure i saw this guy drinking from a bottle of Helium to lighten his load! LOL...jks

PS anyone ever put helium in their tires? hahah....

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    I couldn't find that thread.

I have removed A LOT of **** from my car, far more than what you mentioned (except drilling rebar LOL) and I just can't see where I can get rid of 100 kg.

as for the floor brace bar, I wouldn't recommend it if you are weight-conscious because the floor is pretty stiff right behind the seat and I've been told it's redundant. You're better off seam welding the chassis and running a C pillar bar.
    Ya i can't remember what it was called.. i think something about 33 vs 32 or some garbage lol

I'm too lazy to get into it and write it all up now but i'll eventually get into it all.. Like i said, grams add up.. A lot of what was under my dash is gone (ie. center vent piping and all the brackets) because of the gauges i put in its place, and i think i saved like 2.5 lbs even after adding the weight of the gauges and senders.. but yea, its a long topic to write up..

Ya true, i was actually wondering about that..

I remember looking at the shell i had sitting at work and i was almost certain there was a brace directly under the seats but i couldnt remember off the top of my head..

At any rate, what i may end up doing instead if just welding in some tubing, something like an X where the rear seats go - so normally they sit at an L angle, i'll have the X coming down diagonally \ where the seats normally would be then just cover it with Carbon fibre to hide it all, and incorporate some sort of storage compartment to put stuff.. I donno, like i said, it's all in the air.. other option is to brace from underneath, but i would like to add some structure to this wonky RB frame.. Weight wise, we'll see what i can get my hands on.. Definitely not chromoly cuz its too expeez and heavy, but it's real purty..
    It will be heavy - ill need to find something else to tear off to save weight.. I'm using the damn OEM battery because i refuse to get a red/yellow top for the weight; i think this thing has 1 turn-over life, otherwise im out pushing.. Braille is way too expeez for a battery, i can push..

Leave a comment:

• Nismo_line
    replied
    ya he said he wanted 250 for the floor bar

Leave a comment:

• M13
    replied
    Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
    Pretty sure we covered this in another thread lol
    I'll post that all up this winter when i finalize the weight reductions.. But literally just removing crap that isnt necessary; brackets, lighter bolts (90% if not all bolts are steel) drilling out rebar, useless lines (charcoal canister lines) and hicas etc.. Grams add up..
    I couldn't find that thread.

I have removed A LOT of **** from my car, far more than what you mentioned (except drilling rebar LOL) and I just can't see where I can get rid of 100 kg.

as for the floor brace bar, I wouldn't recommend it if you are weight-conscious because the floor is pretty stiff right behind the seat and I've been told it's redundant. You're better off seam welding the chassis and running a C pillar bar.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    I'm assuming by changing the lift profile of the lobe ? Not a freakin clue lol I'm gonna email them this week.

Leave a comment:

• archaeic_bloke
    replied
    only reason i replaced my oem rad was because my endtanks cracked ... koyo was the first rad i could get in my car ( i was in a pinch).... i love my koyo.. it gives me a serious "peace of mind" effect... theres nothing thats gonna spring a leak (rad-wise) .. + its hella baaaalllerr..lol

didnt know you can get cams re ground? but how would u increase the lift?

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    how did you get your car to weigh 1130kg?

this I don't understand. How much fuel in the tank?

My car has lots deleted and weighs like 1230kg. I just don't understand where you lost that 100kg.
    Pretty sure we covered this in another thread lol
    I'll post that all up this winter when i finalize the weight reductions.. But literally just removing crap that isnt necessary; brackets, lighter bolts (90% if not all bolts are steel) drilling out rebar, useless lines (charcoal canister lines) and hicas etc.. Grams add up..

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Originally posted by foxracingcanada004 View Post
    hey man if you are looking for a floor bar my buddy has cusco one he is selling his username is rush send him a pm if you want
    250 firm? lawl..
    Can pick up a do-luck brace new for less than 200 bucks.. If he's willing to settle for a dec price i'll take it off his hands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X