Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoomSprayer's GTS-T headache

Hello All,

Ive owned this 90 GTS-T for about 2 years now and Im slowly fixing things and molding it into my vision. i love it but its certainly a headache from the issues that weren't disclosed( or known) when I bought it.

Here is what it looked liked when I picked it up

was pretty much stock, cept for the wheels, some tein coilovers. At the time I over looked a bunch of issues that i shouldnt have like, the runs in the clear on the quarter panels(both sides), a small oil leak that turned out to be the return line to the block from the turbo, a hesitation which after exhausting all options found that the wheel inside the CAS was cracked and it was a miracle the car ran at all, rust holes in the fire wall, mangled rear lugs on both sides(had to use a thread file to clean them up) and a horrible gas smell when ripping through the gears.

despite all of that and more, I left with a smile on my face.

took it out for a short bit of fun

cleaned it up a bit, lowered it. Had a friend buff it and try on his wheels. Another friend offered to tint it for free only if I used 5%... well ok i went with it lol

i thought my alternator went out on me so I parked it and had to work on it in the snow Found out that it wasnt the alternator it was the wiring harness connected to the alt had burned away... fixed that and was back up.

anyway during the beginning of summer I was driving windows down music up when I heard an evil sound. Rod knock. i parked as soon as I could and had it towed home I was almost relived cause that rb20 had been nothing but trouble

Rather than rebuild the 20 I decided to get an RB25. And with the help of Ian,formerly of TSS, I would get one. Only i would have to wait all summer to get it cause the importer he was going through wasnt working out, so through a private party he got one for me. he really bent over backwards for me and has been a huge help. Ian bought the engine down for me when he cam to Evergreen Speedway in December.

During that time I was waiting and planning. First thing was these bad boys:

the whole 25 swap was a nightmare in and of itself. Apparanetly it wasnt from a R33, it was from a Laurel. And there is virtually no wiring information related to the 25 from a Laurel. Ray at Garage Autohero was the man behind the work into this car and without him Id be the proud owner of a paperweight. he was able to figure things out.

i dont have any engine shots but im sure you know what a stock 25 looks like, so here is after putting on the wheels.

At the same time, ray removed hicas, all the pumps, lines and what not. then the boost was blowing out at the top end so we changed the plugs and wow is it quick

So I bought a cusco 2way already on a diff and was on my way! we modified a passenger side s13 seat bracket and bolted in my sparco evo2 from my other project car, an ae86

After that i found a guy on craigslist selling gtr head lights and amber corners for 100 total! So I called him up and bought em.

then I went to golden gardens

the passenger side of the car now has a messed up fender and quater... none of which i did. My neighbor cant park and side swiped the rear, and my friend ran over something in the road one night when I let him drive and it debeaded the tire which then pulled in the fender =/

Ray recently replaced all the lines from the tank, so no more fuel smell, put in a new 255 fuel pump as well, tomei flywheel, and my starter was clicking so I bought a new one. Now my alt is going out but i just bought one off a member here!

I helped a friends girlfriend with her senior project and she took some pics of my car.

My current quest has been to piece together OEM parts. A friend knew I was looking for a GTR N1 bumper and knew a guy that had one from a car he owned years ago, so i picked it up and threw it on.

Its hard as well to get body parts for this car as no canadians really want to deal with americans. But Ive been patient. Next is a hood, i know where one is and I just need to send the guy some money. I have GTS skirts and Im in search of the rear spats.

So thats where Im at right now. ive been looking for the paint code for my car but i cant get a clear answer, anyone know if this is OEM or not? what the code is?

Also i thought I should share my other passion, this is my corolla that sucks the life out of me as well....

How did u get that car on the road in the us?
    Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

It wasnt me that did anything, all steps were taken before I bought the car. I have no knowledge of getting one registered.

It was more than the average GTS but it was worth it to me.

Comment

That is probably why you overlooked all the problems. Because it had one major upside, it was already legal in the states.

The car looks really good and you made some good progress
        sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
        ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

nice car man, love the wheels, i remember seen this at golden gardens

Comment

Nice ride..

I have an R32 GTR Fenders that needs TLC if your interested.. pm me

Comment

wheels look sick man. love them.
              1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
              2003 GMC Sierra SLT
              1972 Datsun 510

Comment

RHD, you are probably right.

Flip, my plan is to keep the gts fenders and rear quarters.

Thanks cor the comments guys.

Right now im planning a sub frame swap from the hicas subframe to a s13 nonhicas subframe. I have ruca's, subframe spacers, and the subframe. Still looking for rear spindles and after market rear tow arms.

Id like slightly wider rear wheels, something like 18x9.5 +15 or 20 in TE37's, LMGT4, or Bee*R B5, in white still of course.

Comment

saw some of yoshi's photos of your car down at evergreen. sexy car man! gl with the ride.
                  Automotive photos from around the Pacific North West.
                  www. BigBoyMedia.net

Comment

btw those arent gtr headlights and corners they are off a gts-t
                    RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Ah thank you, I know the corners are gts, but how can you tell the headlights are gts? They have the tabs for the gtr grill

Comment

Originally posted by ryano1515 View Post
                        btw those arent gtr headlights and corners they are off a gts-t
                        There is no such thing as GTR or GTS headlights. This only applies to corner lamps to compensate the wide fenders of GTR's

There are of course: Projector Lights and N1 Lights. Some GTR's particularly N1's came with N1 lights and needed brackets to fit the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                          There is no such thing as GTR or GTS headlights. This only applies to corner lamps to compensate the wide fenders of GTR's

There are of course: Projector Lights and N1 Lights. Some GTR's particularly N1's came with N1 lights and needed brackets to fit the grill.

I've got one of each ill have two projectors soon enough. car was backed into before i bought it and it was replaced with an n1 style light. bugs the crap outta me having one projector and one not. not to mention the comments of people telling me not knowing i already realize i have two different headlights
                          1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
                          2003 GMC Sierra SLT
                          1972 Datsun 510

Comment

So.. these are the headlights that were on my car when I bought it

what are they?

what came stock on GTS-T's?

Comment

Your car is a series 1 R32. Front bumper, corner lamps tell you it is

Series 1 R32 GTS-T, GTS-Type-S, GTS-T Type-M had non bugeye (nickname) headlight's, clearish corner lamps in R32 catalogue -

Series 1 GTS, GTE, GXi, GTS-4 in R32 catalogue -

Series 1 R32 GTS-T GTS-Type-S, GTS, GTS-T Type-M, GTS-4 -

Series 1 and Series 2 R32 GTS-T had different type of corner lamp. Fairly clear corner lamp (like seen above) is Series 1 and solid orange is Series 2 (1991.8 onwards R32 catalogue).

Series 2 R32 catalogue -

and

and

Note the different shape front bumper, solid orange corner lamps.

Some fit them to series 1 R32, so gets confusing.

Bugeye headlight's are R32GTR headlight's -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                              X