Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh off the boat 1994 R33 IMPUL 4 door ecr33gts25t

hey everyone,

my impul landed last week is awaiting customs clearance.. over thanksgiving weekend (super fast..lol)

leaving bc sometime before the weekend after thanksgiving (happy gobble gobble btw)

just received my lcd tv/dvd/navi screen, remotes, service records from new, service books, manuals, auction sheets chassis view, boost controller manual, turbo timer manual, last cert test, steel braided brake lines, and amber nissan side markers

car arriving halloween???? ill post delivery pics

Seeing that car coming of the boat with make you feel so good. When mine came off the flat bed it was the best day ever even though I had driving it in bc for 2 months anyway. This your first skyline?

Comment

yea and i just got word from gerry at terra2 that it cleared customs today shipping by rail to ont tomorrow hope fully

Comment

ITS HERE

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Looks good man. How much did you grab this car for if you don't mind me asking? This is clean
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Saw this on Terra2's website not long ago.. interesting car. I had no idea until now that they even made a 4 door 33.. Looks a heck of a lot better than the coupe 33 GTS.. Would be interesting to see those tail lights on a 33 gtr though..

Good stuff! Pretty sweet vehicular. And only 1 in Canada, now?
            Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
            www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
            Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
            Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Nice car, never seen one before either.

Comment

offically 5.. 94 R33-R by impul have left japan , 3 in austrialia, 1 in germany, this one in canada

price: it's appraised @ $21,500.00

by the time im done perfecting it i will have spent that at least but then the appraised value would rise

could use sparks, rotors/pads, bumper colour coat/clear coat,undercoat, a little buff here a shine there, fmic maybe, north american navi

head unit, 15% tint all around, new speakers, fm&tv range extender, immobilizer

yea ... i think that should be good.... any ideas / suggestion?

Comment

Perfecting these cars is simply restoring it to OEM. Once you throw an FMIC on a SMIC car, you're hurting its value only because it's no longer to spec. Of course that goes without saying you're killing the fun involved, but when someone buys a JDM import, they look for a clean, close if not OEM spec'ed car in almost 99% of cases.. Not to mention, if it does in fact become a collector, someone collecting will want it to spec as well..

Dont worry about appraisals and resale - in all honesty, just have fun with the car, and in my opinion you're going in the right direction. It's a cool car, take care of it - first and foremost it's going to be difficult to find parts for that model moreso than any 32 or 33 gts/gtr.. So just take care of it and do a proper build!

FMIC isn't necessary until you up the boost, at which point you're running either 1. an aftermarket WG actuator and/or upgraded turbo, 2. a boost controller.. If you dont have either, dont bother with the fmic until you're about ready to pursue the gains in power. quite simply you're going to lower spool rates and find yourself lacking a bit more low end spool.

Just be conservative and dont jump ahead of yourself.. example; Buying an uprated turbo before exhaust, swapping injectors but not getting a tune.. etc..

You're in the right mindset, just enjoy it, and as it comes you'll learn what it is you want out of the car!
                  Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 10-26-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Also, you dont have to spend 21 grand to 'rebuild' a car. You can build a 500whp car for less than half of that if you do it right..

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                      Saw this on Terra2's website not long ago.. interesting car. I had no idea until now that they even made a 4 door 33.. Looks a heck of a lot better than the coupe 33 GTS.. Would be interesting to see those tail lights on a 33 gtr though..

Good stuff! Pretty sweet vehicular. And only 1 in Canada, now?
                      Your telling me that this doesnt look good?

^^My car by the way

I saw your impul mtype by the way when i picked up my car from the docks not too long ago looked sweet... 2 weeks ago i think

Pics of the impul to make it easier for everyone

Last edited by cooke24; 10-26-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Your telling me that this doesnt look good?
                        Yup..

Sorry mate, but the 33 doesn't cut it for me in my books. I have a certain leeway with the GTR only because of its rather accenting wing, but the rear lights are god awful, not to mention it's overweight, bulky-looking and just doesn't fit the classic sports car look? Done up, i can handle it, but its not for everyone.. Polak's 33 gtr is probably the only one i have any real honest interest in.. apart from that, a 33 is just another whale in my books..

We can also get into more technical matters, but the 25 is the one motor i have zero interest in placing in my car..

So ya, not to bash your choice, but i'd shop my as$ off for a 32 before settling for a 33 any day.. or i'd just settle for something else.. that's how deep my hatred extends lol.

This impul is neat, i'm not saying i love it or i'd buy one, but the novelty is there. It's interesting and it's rare, also like i said, not as bad looking as the GTS imo.. lol

Comment

i was the on the same boat too up untill...

i found out about series 1.5 and series 2 had a different wing on them

Interior is 10000000x nicer

and owning one changes everything i thought about r33's

Comment

Im Funny this way.

Looking into skylines, i wanted an r34, loved the look. hated the look of 32 and 33.

Read about them and found out i could only get a 32 (at the time). I thought i had to settle for it.

Now they are my favorite one.

Seeing all the r33's around ( in pictures) i hated the way they looked. It didn't match the skyline look or sports car look imo.

Then one day while driving in red deer i was next to a white r33 gts, some older guy driving it. and i thought, hey, that actually looks pretty good.

If that was only a gts, i wanna see a gtr in person.

seeing a car in real life is 10 million times better than seeing it in photos;
                            sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                            ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

If you had asked me this time last year if I'd ever buy an r33, I would of told you that you were a retard for even asking. I used to hate them, mostly because the first one I saw was that ugly two toned red and grey lol. This June I bought mine with 52,000 on the clock. It's been the best car I've ever owned period. Feels good rolling upto a tricked out g35 and dusting it (I don't condone street racing, I merely accelerate upto the speed limit the fastest hahaha, I'm not kidding either which is the sad part lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X