Looks like stock but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like stock but..

Currently got a 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M with an RB20DET(stock) engine.

Going to be swapping the RB20DET for a R34 RB26DETT and adding quite a bit to it.
    New turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, ems, differentials, clutch drivetrain, brakes, fuel pump, wiring system, complete rebuild of the engine, along with the sightly additions of a body kit (wide fenders, new front/rear bumpers, hood, and wing), fix the interior, new sound system, new paint, new tires, new rims, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm looking in the area of $15k - $20k on performance alone

Gonna try to get in the area of 600whp.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, concerns, ect.

Currently:

Looking for:

for 600awhp, you'll be spending 12k$+ on the engine alone, without the cost of the actual engine, which for a R34GTR's is 5k$+
    then, clutch and diffs will be at least 4k$
    2k$ for wheels&tires
    at least 5k$ for body mods and paint
    brakes and suspension is 2k$+

know how to swap the awd RB26 into a rwd chassis?
    got any experience with the R32 chassis?
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Like RB20, RB26 doesn't have much down low. But similar feeling to NA bigblock V8 at peak hp.

Could stroke a G35 engine to 3.8-4.0 litre (R35GTR crank, R35GTR aftermarket pistons, R35GTR aftermarket H beam conrods, etc) and fit a local made (USA) aftermarket twin turbo kit (AMS manifolds, turbo's, etc) for a R35GTR. That way you retain bottomend hp, but can extract up to around 800whp at something like 22.5psi. Then run low boost, 600whp as everday setting (probably would need to, so can gain traction).

Or use a Titan V8 as it supposedly has iron sleeves as stock equipment (Nissan Titan trucks in USA) and twin turbo it or fit a supercharger kit, like on this G35 -

5.4L Nissan Titan V8 swapped Infiniti G35 with a blower. Drifting at Turner Field in Atlanta, GA.
      Last edited by Skym; 12-06-2010, 04:38 PM.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
        I'm looking in the area of $15k - $20k on performance alone
        Gonna try to get in the area of 600whp.
        Currently:
        Looking for:
        That blue GTR has the famous veilside E3 widebody. you wont be finding those fenders for your car
        of course however there is another route:

Case Closed:

email me for updated pics, info and price
        d ou bl ej ce ba ll os@ ho tm ai l.com
        Last edited by doublejceballos; 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM.
        Originally posted by Oakville
        that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

yea respectively, if you're looking to make 600whp in the most cost effective way possible, v8 is probably your best bet.. Can always find a wrecked LS.. 1 - 7 and grab some pretty bad-ass tq at the same time. 26 swap is a great idea, but ive toyed with the idea enough that putting one in a GTST will never yield less than 8k, and that doesnt include much engine work (light headwork, valvetrain, turbo) because we tend to spend more time on the drivetrain itself.. Fit a 25 trans, fit a 25 yoke.. Then the issue of the LSD holding up.. It's not as strong as that of a GTR, and unfortunately a GTR diff wont bolt into a GTS subframe. Costs of a NEW LSD to match will run you up in the 2000$ mark.. So then your best option would be to source a GTR subframe, as well as all matching suspension components and have it fit in place (1000$ give or take) - at this point you're still stock and have spent a great deal of money on crap just to GET to the point of actually beginning to build something.

With that money, you can invest in a good strong powered V8, driveline and an uprated LSD (1500-2000$) ball parking 6-7 g's.. Crate motors are relatively cheap from the US.. Or if you want to be a Nissan supporter, like Skym mentioned, Titan V8, or even a go with an 6 like Charles is doing and run NA. Still attain some pretty decent power..

It's all up in the air. A 26 swap and proper build would be epic, but a 26 swap with body/chassis and motor work to achieve 600 whp is going to be rather pricey.. Probably up in the 20,000$ mark after everything's said and done.. It adds up quick..
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Gorgeous car man!

Comment

It would be awesome to see but for the veilside kit on the car and engine to match your description will be kinda pricey. You can also go rb30 and have one built and modified for that cash. I know everyones not really keen on the rb30's I personally love them. Also you can turbo a 350z engine or a g35 engine and you'll be rocking. Just make sure you think long and hard about it because once you got some serious money into it there's no turning back
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

It would be cheaper to sell the gts-t and buy a gtr and convert it to rwd if you wanna go that route. If you want a reliable 600whp its going to cost more than 20k, even if you do all your own work.

Don't bother with the engine swaps. They are going to be nothing but headaches and will take 3x longer to finish the car

Comment

looks like stock and is stock?

i would call it an impossible task if your going to awd it. wayyy too many mods needed.

also rb26 is a stupid idea if you want 600whp right away. like they said ls1

if you want an rb26 get a gtr. if you want rwd for this dont get an rb26.
                  RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

I agree about using GTR chassis and converting to rwd. Also you'll probably won't get traction up until 3rd gear with rwd RB26. I know this from someone who had a rwd RB26 racecar (GTS chassis) and had traction problems.

What I have been told before. "Don't try to make it something it's not".

R32 GTS-T is a good Targa car, which is sort of what the factory designed it to be and what it's good at.

R32 with boosted up stock RB20DET is very good at being a Targa car, as shown when it passes a boosted up stock R32 GTR -

R32 GTS-t chases down "The Elephant Man", Mr Steve Thatcher, and his lovely Navvie Kel in their R32 GTR. haha, good times :)

It's faster than a lightly modified stock R35GTR on same stage. But on par with a EVO with stage times in Targa.

R32 GTS-T (4.21 -0.11 = 4.10 stage time) -

Mt Stuart Tarmac Rally 12/13th June, 2010.1989 Nissan Skyline with approx 200RWKW

R35 GTR (4.24 -0.10 = 4.14 stage time) -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Last edited by Skym; 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

But with the video you provided the gts was catching up to the gtr does that make sense? The gts must have had a couple of mods done to it to accomplish catching this car in the straight. It all depends on the mods Imo and the driver. With an inexperienced driver and a stock car it doesn't come close to a experienced driver with some mods. I'm not saying your wrong but comparing it this way doesn't really say much
                      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I really like my RB26 and like to belive it's one of the best engine ever but when I read those kind of thread, it make me realise there's better engine out there and selling my GTR for a G35 wouldn't be too much of a difference.
                        Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Both cars had stock engines, stock turbo or turbo's, stock fuelsystem, etc. Only allowed suspension, ECU, FMIC, fuelpump, FPR, etc.

It was said the power to weight favoured the R32GTS-T. R32 GTR had around 445awhp, 1500kg?. The R32 GTS-T produced around 268rwhp, 1270kg. Around 230kg is alot of weight.

The driver of R32 GTS-T used to have a N1 R34GTR (can produce 500hp at engine on boosted up stock N1 engine, but fuelsystem limit's this) and said the R32 GTS-T was quicker.

Even on Tsukuba a R32GTS-T with around 380hp at engine, lightened chassis (still has stock doors) runs a 1:01 in traffic, which is sightly quicker than stock R35GTR and about the same as some 600hp, 1700kg 2.8litre GTR's without traffic on racetrack.
                          Last edited by Skym; 12-06-2010, 10:59 PM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                            I really like my RB26 and like to belive it's one of the best engine ever but when I read those kind of thread, it make me realise there's better engine out there and selling my GTR for a G35 wouldn't be too much of a difference.
                            WHAT?!? Lol noooo... Comparing a G35 and a GTR?... Thats a tad unreasonable i think.. two VERY VERY Different cars

edit; and engines

Comment

^^ a friend of mine did, hes building a twin turbo V35 right now
                              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                              X