240sx, with a heart of a skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx, with a heart of a skyline

Hey guys , not really much of a build thread but i thought this place would be best to post so dont flame.

Here is my 92 240sx. RB20 swap.

I Rebuilt the RB20 myself focusing on making it a strong as possible with the lowest amount of money. I've done my research, learnt a few things along the way and this is the outcome.

Rebuilt motor >5000k ( All new gaskets and seals )
    Micro-Polished Crank
    Stock Pistons ( Had tops ceramic coated and skirts dry filmed )
    Stock Connecting Rods
    ARP Connecting Rod Bolts
    ARP Main Studs
    ACL Connecting Rod Bearing
    ACL Main Bearings
    ARP Head Studs
    Tomei 1.2mm Headgasket
    Ported & Polished Head
    Cometic Intake Manifold Gasket
    KU Engineering Intake Manifold
    Q45 Throttle Body
    N1 Water Pump
    Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
    RB25 Turbo ( 12psi , keeping it safe )
    Greddy Profec B SpecII
    ACT Street Disk Clutch
    ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
    12Ibs Flywheel
    3" Megan Downpipe
    3" Megan Testpipe
    3" Exhaust
    Megan Front Mount Intercooler
    Mishimoto Radiator
    2x 12" Electric Fans

... thats about it .. i think , engine wise atleast.

Still have some plans in the making for this car so keep in mind this is not a 100% complete project.
    Last edited by eklips3; 12-19-2010, 04:07 PM.

Seen this at sunday funday. You keep your car very clean and your engine bay. Keep up the good work

Do you know what kind of numbers you are putting down?
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

That's a super mint engine bay man! Whats on the list next?

Do you plan to Drift or do any Time attack?
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
        Seen this at sunday funday. You keep your car very clean and your engine bay. Keep up the good work

Do you know what kind of numbers you are putting down?

Thanks alot man , cleanliness was a definite part of my build.
        Sunday Funday was wicked, that was my first time out in the year. i was running on 7psi that day and it just didnt cut it.

As for numbers i have no idea, im not even gonna guess.

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
        That's a super mint engine bay man! Whats on the list next?

Do you plan to Drift or do any Time attack?
        Thanks!
        This car is drift ready. I've been following the drift scene for years now in calgary so i think its about time to make my presence noticed.

next i think im gonna clean up the engine bay a little more , paint the exterior , fit some 18x9.5 rims all around. and maybe a rom tune.

i do have an AEM EMS here waiting for me but im on the fence if i want to use it or not
        Last edited by eklips3; 12-09-2010, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Mad props man, I really like your clean build. Very nice touch with the KU intake manifold. Hope to see you out at some of the events. Keep us updated, better not be any flaming going on.
          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

^^ thanks dude.
            im planning on comepeting in pro am next season so i'll be out there

Comment

I plan on installing a front facing intake manifold on my rb20. What is all involved with installation? tps wire extrension? I would guess that im going to need gtr pipinginter cooler or complete kit.

Comment

There is actually a fair bit of work when it comes to installing this manifold. Yeah extending wires is one part but that's the easy part.

First off the coolant line that runs under the manifold has to be cut. It hits the manifold when it comes upwards around cylinder 1 or 2 to that divider.
                Second, the thermostat housing also hits the manifold when you try to install it so that has to be cut, shortened and you gotta weld on an extension so you can get your lower rad hose on it.
                It's a decent amount of work that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by eklips3 View Post
                  There is actually a fair bit of work when it comes to installing this manifold. Yeah extending wires is one part but that's the easy part.

First off the coolant line that runs under the manifold has to be cut. It hits the manifold when it comes upwards around cylinder 1 or 2 to that divider.
                  Second, the thermostat housing also hits the manifold when you try to install it so that has to be cut, shortened and you gotta weld on an extension so you can get your lower rad hose on it.
                  It's a decent amount of work that's for sure
                  Holy I didn't think they would make an A/M part that doesn't fit directly in. Did you know you had to do this procedure before buying the manifold? Like I know its not natural to run a FMIC on a RB20 but to have to shave away at the thermostat housing? I think a lot of people would be limited to buying this unless they paid to get it done.
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I'm assuming I'm in the same boat for my rb25 then too, seeing as how god has blessed us both with dirty cross over pipes....I plan on running an fmic soon and would just love to put a front facing plenum on the clean up the engine bay and making fmic piping an easy job, especially if I switch to a high mount fmic (Don't wanna destroy it drifting). You can also use rb26 valve covers once you make the plenum swap and make your engine bay look all sexy and what not haha. I would do something to remove the letters though, that'd be false advertising lol.

Comment

Oh btw, do you have a mad flaked paint job in the engine bay? the first picture makes it look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                        Holy I didn't think they would make an A/M part that doesn't fit directly in. Did you know you had to do this procedure before buying the manifold? Like I know its not natural to run a FMIC on a RB20 but to have to shave away at the thermostat housing? I think a lot of people would be limited to buying this unless they paid to get it done.
                        Actually im good friends with Sabotage on this forum. He gave me alot of helpful tips and pointers when i was building my engine.
                        You can get manifolds that already have the water pipe modified so it basically bolt right in.

Originally posted by MattRose View Post
                        I'm assuming I'm in the same boat for my rb25 then too, seeing as how god has blessed us both with dirty cross over pipes....I plan on running an fmic soon and would just love to put a front facing plenum on the clean up the engine bay and making fmic piping an easy job, especially if I switch to a high mount fmic (Don't wanna destroy it drifting). You can also use rb26 valve covers once you make the plenum swap and make your engine bay look all sexy and what not haha. I would do something to remove the letters though, that'd be false advertising lol.
                        No actually RB25 intake manifolds bolt right in. there is no hassle or custom work to make it fit.
                        You would really destroy your front bumper first before you destroy your intercooler .. unless you hit somthing.
                        Im actually looking for a set of rb26 valve covers , i think it would look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRose View Post
                          Oh btw, do you have a mad flaked paint job in the engine bay? the first picture makes it look like that.
                          Oh yeah . i went a little hard on the rad support though.
                          Its a reflective clear coat. so you only see it if its in direct sunlight or if you take a picture. i'll post a pic of the engine bay without the engine to show you guys.
                          its really hard to see how much you're putting on because its going on basically clear.
                          Last edited by eklips3; 12-10-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

What PS pump are you running? RB25? I have a Neo RB20 PS pump but can't seem to find the right size belt for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X