Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gtr bumper fitment help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtr bumper fitment help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im trying to fit a GTR front bumper on my GTS-T . its fiber glass not like a real OEM . but it looks identical.. the problem is its a little wide where it connect to the wheel well (because obviously GTR have wider fenders) does anyone have any ideas on how to mold it?? maybe heating it..etc? or techniques.? or even if you have OEM GTR fenders you want to sell..ill buy them...anyones..let me no..itd be appreciated greatly.

Fiberglass is a thermo set, means you cant heat it or change it once its hardened. Don't heat it, it will catch fire.
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/39993-infinity-skyline-r32-gts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity238 View Post
      Fiberglass is a thermo set, means you cant heat it or change it once its hardened. Don't heat it, it will catch fire.
      That is not true. It's consistently malleable through time with enough heat. Assuming its made with the typical polyester resin or epoxy (cant imagine its anything else), you'll find it quite easy to bend with the heat of a heat gun or hair dryer, just dont force it until it's warm enough, otherwise it will crack. Just don't heat it too much, it will leave burn marks.
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

You can't bend it enough to have a perfect fitment.

The only two ways are to:

1. cut off tabs then glass the new length for a custom fit.

2. run front BNR32 fenders

Comment

screw it..i actually sold it today..loooking for a R32 GTS-T bumper . aftermarket or not . let me if anyone has one

Comment

You sold it?? i would have bought it or traded you my GTST bumper!! lol fml
            Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
            www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
            Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
            Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Working...
            X