Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

輝く ヘタクソの星 Official Sparko Star Nubs SR32 Build, pulling premiums before Race Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 輝く ヘタクソの星 Official Sparko Star Nubs SR32 Build, pulling premiums before Race Wars

Whoever said the progress was a slow process was prolly talkin bout me, I'm not a P.I.M.P.
    So snoop said I can't enter the pimp legion of doom until I finish my car, which shouldn't have taken over a year... and counting. lulz

Anyways, this was my old car, sold it, missed it.

Always wanted one back but was too lazy to find another one. But thanks to Quebec, I was pretty much forced to start looking for a new car in summer 2009 as the "le JDM carz are too dangerouz for our roadz roolz" were enforced.
    Can't find the right car for the longest time, so I went and overnighted (took a few nights, to say the least) some parts from Japan first.

These came in late September of 2009, just in time for me to stare at over my birthday as it was coming up.

Buncha wheels, twin plate, coilovers, body kit, airbox, random bits

Oh yeah, almost forgot. First of my many useless parts that I actually got in June

Finally found the car in Nov. 09, gots the parts I want at a price I want. Got my hands on it in Jan. 10

Car came with:
    A SUNROOF - which I didn't expect, but was very delighted to have it
    KTS coilovers
    URAS super single clutch
    some JDM tyte 3" catback
    GReddy FMIC
    Kaaz 2way diff
    Kazama Auto Hicas cancel bar (FOR SALE btw $90 takes it)
    URAS polyurethane subframe collars (FOR SALE also $40 obo)
    Super ghey sizing wheelz!
    + probably some stuff I can't remember

Shoved it at the shop to get it ready for inspection.

Dropped it on the Tein HE super ultra adjustable cool coilovers (which are for sale as well btw) + de-winged that shjt as soon as the inspection was done.

Got my JDM tyte front knuckles done by Fortress Fabrications (same as C-unit) in April. Will get pictures later.

More parts were bought over the summer.
    Like these JDM tyte 30mm fenders

Also test fitted the rims I bought, although I knew it wouldn't fit anyways:

Nothing much was done to it over the past year since I've been lazy as hell
    Until November, only because all I had to do was drive the car to the shop and get some work done by someone else.

I had completely gutted out my interior before I took it back to the shop

Where I had my cage put in

chopped off the shjt on the sides for the baseplates

At this point, I decided to rent shop space for a month to do all the stuff I had to do since the car was there anyways... which of course, having school and work and lazy rich in my blood, I ended up not finishing everything I had in mind but got the major work done anyways.

Also note that I'm not going for a super power build for
    1: I'm broke
    2: it's a RB20, I'm going to drive it til it blows and replace it later
    3: I'm broke
    So I'm only doing some small bolt on stuff for this engine... :/

I swapped out my turbo for a neo turbo

Made the complete exhaust system JDM tyte by putting in 3" turbo elbow, KTS downpipe, test pipe with the 3" catback the car came with (which I don't have pictures to :P)
    Last edited by tamiya_s2000; 04-19-2012, 05:57 PM. Reason: JDM TYTLE YO
    輝く ヘタクソの星 -- 含撚啦爛袋獸

Then I shoved in the new Tein SuperDrifts I got since I thought the HE's didn't slam enough

Went and got my non-HICAS subframe, burnt and cut out the old bushings, sandblasted and had my solid subframe risers pressed in

Then rock guarded that shjt with the knuckles

Dropped the HICAS subframe

Put everything back together with a Powered By Max toe rod only because it was sitting around the shop due to a wrong order. The PBM RUCA, traction rod, and toe rod combo were going to come later anyways, but I'm broke and PBM is out of stock atm and I had to shove the new subframe in regardless.

Here I was about to chop my quarters to fit an overfender and my wheels

And this is how it sits the day it left the shop on Jan15 with the GTR rear overs taped on

As of today, these are the stuff I have on my car, or have them but have yet to put in my car… (please excuse the short list :P)

Engine/Drivetrain:
    S13 SR20DET
    S14 turbo for now, AN + stainless lines all over the place
    Standalone fuel management system, not a bad way to spend $12,000... lol (to come)
    GReddy PRofec B Spec II boost controller
    GReddy intake plenum (not in)
    GReddy top feed fuel rail (not in)
    SARD 800c.c. injectors (not in)
    SARD FPR (not in)
    High Flow Nismo Fuel Pump
    GReddy FMIC, custom aluminum piping by The Independent Speed Shop
    Full custom 3” turbo-back exhaust system
    Koyorad N-Flow Tank
    ARC Airbox
    Z32 MAF (not in)
    GReddy Type S BOV
    Kaaz 2-way LSD

Chassis/Suspension:
    Formula D legal roll cage by Fortress Fabrication
    Tein SuperDrift Coilovers
    Modified knuckles by Fortress Fabrication for max angle
    JDM tyte FUCAs
    SPL tension rods
    SPL outer tie rod ends
    Tein inner tie rods
    S13 non-HICAS subframe
    PBM Solid subframe risers
    SPL Parts toe rods
    SPL Parts RUCAS
    SPL Parts traction rods
    A few Ballerbolts lol

Exterior (which will be fully revealed later):
    18x9.5 +7 (-8 effectively to fit brakes) on 225/40/18 front
    18x10.5 -12 on 245/40/18 rear
    17x9.5 track/drift setup
    GTR hood
    JDM tyte full body kit
    30mm yo dawg vented fenders
    GTR rear over fenders

Probably forgot a lot of minor stuff because I’m getting sleepy and got to head to work soon…
    So check back in like 4 months for the next update
    Last edited by tamiya_s2000; 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM. Reason: parts updated
    輝く ヘタクソの星 -- 含撚啦爛袋獸

Comment

Nice!
      Surprised you've waited this long to post! I like how you chopped out the rear firewall supports.. Do those add any structural rigidity, or should i go about chopping mine out as well? Toyed with the idea, but look at where the welds are and the angles used, it looks as though its structural.. I'll be putting a cage, so i guess in theory, it makes no real difference, but either way..?
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Looks sick man! Best of luck!
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

I've seen these pics kicking around on FB for quite a while, bout time you made a post lol
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

finally!@!!

Comment

ror
              it is not until i made a "build" thread that i realized that there's not much done and not much more is going to be done to my car even though i felt like i did a shjt load of work and spent a shjt load of time + $ on it already

and nelson, if i didn't have to get the cage through there, i wouldn't have chopped it out... i'm not sure if its there for structural rigidity, but since we're welding in a cage, if u strike that down, that area shall become more powerful than u can possibly imagine
              Last edited by tamiya_s2000; 01-24-2011, 07:13 PM.
              輝く ヘタクソの星 -- 含撚啦爛袋獸

Comment

Car looks like it has some serious potential. I like your style. Keep it going
                sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Hey. so just looking at your thread again here.

You can run all the s13 mulitlink suspension on a r32 gts right?

Cause i want powered by max, but i wasn't sure what parts would fit?

Also, the subframe risers will work as well?

pretty much the only suspension part i can't get from powered by max would be a front camber adjustment right?
                  sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                  ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Thx for the kind words, but yes r32 and s13 pretty much share the same subframes hicas or not

If u already have a non hicas subframe, then all the pbm parts will fit
                    But if u still have the hicas subframe, the pbm toe rod won't fit coz they're for non hicas

N because s13 and r32 share the same subframes, the pbm solid risers also work.... But u'd have to take the whole subframe out to press it in, so if you don't want to do that, and raising the subframe 1/2" is not a concern for you, you can just get subframe collars............... Which I have for sale )))))))
                    I believe my polyurethane 1s will give u a more comfy ride, where the aluminium pbm 1s will give u a harsher ride... So buy mine!!!

And yes, only part you can't get from pbm are the fucas coz s13 doesn't have double wishbonezz
                    輝く ヘタクソの星 -- 含撚啦爛袋獸

Comment

I just picked up an s14 subframe for my R33 and have started to burn out the bushings. What a pain in the ass lol. I'll be going pbm everything and then stance coils come spring. R33s are ugly as sin but with some dirty stance it'll be bearable haha

Comment

K sweet. Yeah i have the HICAS subframe with HICAS lockout bar. But all the rest of the stuff will work then eh. I really don't know what to do for multilink suspension.