SR32 'summer 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR32 'summer 2011.

I've had an old build thread and project thread somewhere, but i thought for sake of brevity i'd just present the final result.

Here's what jamming an SR2.2L into an HCR32 looks like and sounds like.

1st tune is 450whp. But there's atleast another 50whp untapped that'll be looking to do down the road this summer.

---> Shout-out to (wingnut) Anthony "Kenushi" & Fastest Lap Motorsports for making this happen.

I'll get some better videos a little later.

1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Nice! I still think an rb20 sounds better...but the sr20 is lighter, and it seems you're making some good power figures

Comment

There's no denying the sweet sound of 6. but this is built engine, and it's ridiculous. 500 to the wheels is 500 to the wheels.
      Last edited by Paradis; 05-24-2011, 10:58 PM.
      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Just want to say that some people local to me say I'm a silly billy for wanting to swap an SR into my HCR. I still say it's badass.

Edit: Did you manage to weigh before and after? Someone here said 100 pound diff between RB20 and SR20.
        Last edited by DreadedFist; 05-24-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

SR > RB.. Definitely the best move for pwr to weight and affordable power .. Good stuff! nice to see it finally together and running 100%. SR in the works for my car next year i think :P
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Take it back Marc!! lol....i'm gonna call dibs right now on your turbo for next year haha. maybe the whole engine.

just noticed that sr really sits a lot further back than rb, another benefit right there.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
              Just want to say that some people local to me say I'm a silly billy for wanting to swap an SR into my HCR. I still say it's badass.

Edit: Did you manage to weigh before and after? Someone here said 100 pound diff between RB20 and SR20.
              oh atleast. I lost a touch more cause the engine it's a brian crower (aluminium), custom drive shaft, etc. i think it was about 150+
              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Car's going on sale here in the next month or so. Moving to Vancouver, need to liquidate. .... barely got a month to drive the beast after all the work i've put into it.

Any interested parties PM me.
                1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Originally posted by esh View Post
                  just noticed that sr really sits a lot further back than rb, another benefit right there.
                  It's got 2 less cylinders, looks like you could fit another one of those under there.
                  R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                  Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

sad to see this for sale.(unless i had the funds to purchase).

Comment

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
                      sad to see this for sale.(unless i had the funds to purchase).
                      It certainly is sad - I just finished the darn thing!

For sale thread:
                      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Working...
                      X