Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muss is back with a new build, and it'll probably piss you off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muss is back with a new build, and it'll probably piss you off.

I'm back bitches! And I'm hoping to stir the pot once again. Not only am I posting a car in the build section that has nothing to do with Skylines (uh-oh) but I'm also doing something most of you will hate me for, tossing a Honda engine into a Nissan.

This new project of mine will be a joint effort between myself, my good buddies Nick and Eric at GMK Kustomz (www.GMKKustomz.ca) and our street club Team Limit (www.TeamLimit.com) this build will be no over-night affair and I plan on spending more money and time then is really reasonable on building it. At the end of the day we're shooting for magazine feature or bust. This build will be documented here, and here alone as I plan on keeping it somewhat secret locally.

So before I bore the piss out of you here it is prior to me getting my grubby mits on it:

I purchased the car from Eric @ GMK as a shell. No engine, stock suspension, no wheels, no interior, pretty much exactly how I wanted my new project to start.

At this point I have removed what was left of the sound deadening, removed all trim, removed all unnecessary wires, pretty much have removed everything in preparation for bodywork, new panels, and paint. This car must weigh next to nothing.

Progress pics the day I took ownership, I'll update with pics of how it sits asap:

And here's the build list of parts, many are already ordered:

Suspension:
    PBM Max Competition coilovers,
    PBM Subframe Spacers,
    Bings tension rods,
    Bings RUCA,
    Bings traction arms,
    Bings toe arms,
    Bings front and rear anti-roll bars,
    Spats front and rear strut tower bars,
    Drift Works front and rear LCA,
    Ichiba 5x114.3 hub conversion.

Body:
    Full respray (color TBD),
    Tubbed front arches,
    Sunroof blanked,
    TRA Kyoto Rocket Bunny S13 front bumper,
    TRA Kyoto Rocket Bunny 30mm S13 front fenders,
    TRA Kyoto Rocket Bunny 180sx side skirts,
    TRA Kyoto Rocket Bunny 180sx rear bumper,
    Bings rear 30mm over fenders,
    DMax roof spoiler,
    undercarriage stripped and resealed,
    Select parts stripped and powdercoated.

Engine/Driveline:
    F20c engine/driveline swap (suck it),
    J's racing intake,
    GMK Kustomz custom exhaust,
    Dual e-fans,
    ATS metal twin clutch,
    ATS 1.5 way differential,
    Koyo radiator.

Brakes:
    TAROX calipers, lines, discs, pads, and fluid (specs TBD).

Wheels:
    Muteki steel open ended lug nuts,
    Work (XD9?) 17x11 rear, 17x10 front (finish/offset TBD).

Interior:
    GMK Kustomz custom gauge cluster featuring Defi gauges,
    GMK Kustomz custom door cards,
    Completely gutted, A/C, heater, and all unnecessary wires/clips removed,
    Resprayed (color TBD),
    Drift Works suede dish wheel,
    PBM adjustable shift knob,
    PBM “tension rod” hydraulic e-brake,
    OMP Grip fiberglass seats (2),
    OMP 5 point harnesses,
    GMK Kustomz custom ½ cage,
    "Broadview" mirror.

As I'm sure you've noticed, besides the swap being somewhat original, it's spec is going to be mild. My explanation there is I am a self-professed suspension whore. Love that ****. So until my suspension is all new and shiny very little money will be thrown in the engines direction. Down the line I hope to supercharge, but for the time being stock-ish should do me well.

I'll try to keep you updated the best I can, pics should be up tomorrow of progress if I remember to grab my camera.
    Last edited by Muss; 05-31-2011, 02:31 AM.
    Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

rad build Muss,

I ain't no elitist, I respect your decision to come back to the tuning world and with a unique approach.

Comment

Good to see you back muss. Although I'm surprised it's not a skyline I'm sure this will be one hell of a car once your finished. I'm going to follow this build closely
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

welcome back bud! what happened to the Fit?
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
          welcome back bud! what happened to the Fit?
          Still own it, that's what got me started in the direction of a f20 swap. May be selling soon though to fund this build. Maybe pick up a daily Gts-t? We'll see.

Comment

Nice project there,

Is there a reason your going with the F20c over a K. Seam some people are even starting to swap them in S2000.
            From what I gathered up, the K are usually cheaper, have better aftermarket support, and make about the same
            power with more torque.

Good luck
            14 VW Jetta TDI
            05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
            95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
            95 240sx ( powered)
            89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

why is this in the gts section though?
              good motor choice their sooo fun , just make sure you keep the weight down they arnt as much fun when they have load on them they feel abit to slugish ( comment based off of a f20 in to a fd swap i road in)
              Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                why is this in the gts section though?
                good motor choice their sooo fun , just make sure you keep the weight down they arnt as much fun when they have load on them they feel abit to slugish ( comment based off of a f20 in to a fd swap i road in)
                Posted here because I'm a rebel. Obviously. And yeah, hence me stripping the 240 down to essentially nothing. Sorry to see your project go like that Rabbit by the way.

Originally posted by collector240sx View Post
                Nice project there,

Is there a reason your going with the F20c over a K. Seam some people are even starting to swap them in S2000.
                From what I gathered up, the K are usually cheaper, have better aftermarket support, and make about the same
                power with more torque.

Good luck
                Short answer is no. Just had the idea one day and love the f20c engine. With the weight I plan on getting the 240 down to power really shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the feedback.
                Last edited by Muss; 05-31-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Are you going na or turbo muss?

Comment

Originally posted by Muss View Post
                    Still own it, that's what got me started in the direction of a f20 swap. May be selling soon though to fund this build. Maybe pick up a daily Gts-t? We'll see.
                    thats the way you do it Stephen. How often are you with internet access now? I closed my facebook but still have your number I think...I need to show you some pics..
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I don't care
                      GTRC-OG

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsly17 View Post
                        I don't care
                        Oh good! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Chris, N/A for now, supercharge in the future.

Ryan, I have internet access now and my number hasn't changed. I'm interested to see how you've progressed.

Comment

Interesting concept! I'll be following this one.

Comment

This build doesn't belong on here, can someone ban this guy please.

thanks
                            sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                            ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

^ lol I'm assuming your joking....? I think muss is a positive part of our community although it is not a skyline he still shows his love for the nissans even though it's not Nissan powered. It's awesome that he's going for something unique.

So muss I have to ask what will be the purpose of the vehicle once finished? Will it be a drifter, time attack, drag racer or plain show? I'm curious because of the choice of supercharger. I haven't seen many civics supercharged but it would be nice to see yet another unique addition to your car

Comment

Working...
                              X